New to your forum, Need a little advice.

Hey guy's,

I spent the last 3 days reading all the posts. What a great site. I can't belive I just found it.

I've been Dredging for the last 4 years, haveing a great time. I have an old Fisher Gold Bug, but I'm looking to get in to the 2008 era. I dont have a lot of $ I see you can pick up a used Minelab 3500 for about 2K 2.5K a new Minelab 4000 will run me twice that. dose it really make a difference between the two, for a rookie. Thank's for any advice..

Hey guy's,

I spent the last 3 days reading all the posts. What a great site. I can't belive I just found it.

I've been Dredging for the last 4 years, haveing a great time. I have an old Fisher Gold Bug, but I'm looking to get in to the 2008 era. I dont have a lot of $ I see you can pick up a used Minelab 3500 for about 2K 2.5K a new Minelab 4000 will run me twice that. dose it really make a difference between the two, for a rookie. Thank's for any advice..

We'll I can't answer you question about the minelab but. I did want to say welcome to the forum. I own a gold bug 2 and a Gmt with 4 coils (all the whites and the bigfoot) They work pretty good for me but vlf does have some problem with soils (as you know). I'm waiting for the new white's to roll out. I hope that others will chime in here. There are some really serious detectorist here with tons of great advice they share freely. Glad you found the site and welcome.

Jay

• Admin

Hello Dig4au,

First I would like to welcome you to my nuggethunting.com forums! ;)

There is a difference between the GP3500 and GPX-4000. One of the best things I like about the GPX-4000 is the fact you can run Monoloop searchcoils over almost all the areas you couldn't with the GP3500. Some of the very highly iron mineralized areas and areas with a lot of volcanics I had to resort to a DD or DD Pro on the GP3500. I've been back to most of these places with the GPx-4000 and a mono coil and in some spots found nuggets that I missed.

Some other big features on the GPX is better immunity to EM interference, better tuning with manual and auto operations, much smoother and a lot more user controls to find tune the detector to every type of ground condtion.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the GPX-4000 and find it to be a big jump from prior Minelab PI's.

On another note, I will be listing some used Minelab PI units within the next couple of days. I know I will have a used original SD2100 and GP Extreme along with a few others.

Welcome once again to the forums,

Rob Allison