Last Minute Notes for Moore Creek Visitors

Hi,

I leave for Moore Creek this Sunday, June 1st. I have been sending the following message via email to our visitors but wanted to post it here just in case someone did not get it. If anyone has questions for me now is the time to ask at

info@moorecreek.com. After Sunday all inquiries and questions need to be directed to my partner Dudley Benesch via the same email address or 907-277-1741.

Latest news is that we will have a laptop on site which people can use to send a message home. I'll have to let everyone who wishes type up their messages, then go down to the new camp to batch transmit them, so it is a bit limited in that regard. But still, it will be better than trying to use the satellite phone for most stuff.

We can now also get emergency messages into the mine more quickly than in the past. Call Dudley Benesch at 907-277-1741 in an emergency and he can get messages into the mine. Please limit this to true emergencies.

If anyone has not sent in their paperwork yet they will need to fill it out on arrival at the mine before doing anything else. I need to have the emergency info on file at the mine just in case.

If you have not done so already you need to book your room in McGrath as there is a shortage of rooms. There are three options - The Hotel McGrath Bed and Breakfast 907-524-3951, Takusko House 907-524-3198, and Susie's Iditarod Trail Cafe 907-524-3331. The Iditarod Cafe is the least expensive option but also the most rustic. As in twenty bunks in one long room! But they also have some private rooms. If you cannot find a room please let us know ASAP.

Do not leave behind things you need but try to pack as light as possible. People tend to over pack. The hard limit is two 50 pound bags and a carry-on but try and pack lighter if possible. See http://www.moorecreek.com/what_to_bring.htm

for suggestions of items to consider. One of the hardest items to pack is a digging pick and we do have those at the mine. We do not have a "dry camp" but the main rule is to behave responsibly with both regards to safety and not annoying your fellow visitors. Beverages may be purchased in McGrath but will cost almost twice what you are used to paying anywhere else.

It is getting near impossible to transport bear spray these days so we will have bear spray available in camp for those who wish to carry it.

When you fly PenAir to McGrath try and sit on the right hand side of the plane. If weather permits you will get a good view of Denali/Mt. McKinley. On the flight back to Anchorage try and get a left hand seat for the same reason. Have a camera handy.

Do not worry about contacting Mike Stewart of Redline Air for the flight out to the mine. He knows you are coming and prefers payment at time of departure. He accepts VISA/MC or cash. Roundtrip from McGrath to the mine will be $250. On the way out to the mine keep am eye open for moose or bears. Both are actually a rare sight but you might get lucky.

When you arrive at Moore Creek be sure and have your mosquito repellent and headnet easily accessible. I recommend you locate them before you leave McGrath and have them on you when you arrive at Moore Creek.

In the interest of fairness all visitors are to wait until everyone has arrived and attended a short MANDATORY orientation meeting. This way people do not have to try and get on the first plane to jump the gun on everyone else. So please just be patient, settle in, get ready, but wait until all have arrived and we have our meeting before you start detecting.

Finally, please ask if you have any questions at all that you cannot get by checking our website at http://www.moorecreek.com/

. We want you to have the best time possible while at Moore Creek and the best way to insure that is to be sure you have all the information we can provide you with in advance.

Sincerely,

Steve Herschbach

Moore Creek Mining LLC

website www.moorecreek.com

• Admin

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the update. Also, keep an eye out for a US Priority Flat Mail envelope from me. It will have both of our (Dennis and I) papers that you requested.

If you would, reserve one of those picks for me if you would. I'm not going to pack a pick this year and considering leaving the .44mag at home also. I might take you up on the Bear Spray.

P.S. Glenn mentioned the temps were already in the 60's. Sounds like it will be warm and buggy! :huh:

See you soon,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

No problem on the pick. But head's up guys, the temps at the mine are still dipping below freezing at night. We are having a very cool spring.

There is already a lot of ground dozed for you guys, though not in a planned way as regards nugget detecting. The airstrip and surrounding area have been greatly modified since your last visit.

See you all soon!

Steve H

Hey Kamakize,

Please do Rob, Leaverite and me a big favor!

Kill all of those damn mosquitos and flies while you are there!

Please!

lol

Enjoy your trip up and leave some gold in the ground for us, but find a lot for yourself!

Karl

MAN I hope you guys come back with nice sacks of gold and lots and lots of pictures get some video to Rob that would be so AWESOME i am hoping that one day i will be able to take a few trips like this , one day i will...

I'll probably need a white arrow pointing to the location!

lol

Aren't all the rocks brown?

:)

Karl