New Patch Nugget

Yo All...Extended my prospecting to a new area where it looked like maybe the old timers had shoveled out of the small wash, even though there were only a few decernable header piles and no evident tailing piles...But it just looked right...I started hitting old rusty bits and square nails--a bunch of them...The ground was mostly hot basalt...After a couple hours digging trash on the benches and in the wash I finally decided I'd had it...I climbed out of the wash and walked toward my quad ...About 12 feet from the wash I got a good sounding signal that seemed different from the square nails I'd been getting...Down about 10 inches the target was screaming and out of the hole....Exactly 1/2 ounce slug with only a little bit of quartz peeking out here and there...It was too hot to continue on today, but I'm hoping this nugget bearing flat continues on...As usual, bunch o' pix...Cheers, Yer Happy Unc in the Dubyah

Uncle Ron

That is some nice gold and as always you keep on getting.I think sometimes you got a bird dog to go on point when it detects gold.Just what history museum are you going to donate that coil to? I may be asking the wrong question maybe I should ask what museum did you get it from.

I say if it works don't knock it.

Chuck