A bunch of new guys on the forums (Welcome!)

• Admin

Hello All,

I've just noticed a recent spike in new registered members that are posting. For some time it seemed as if the normal posters were here and then the normal lurkers that just read. However, recently there has been a bunch of new contributors (new and old members).

I just wanted to welcome you all to my forums and hope to see you all posting in the near future. This forum has over 3,000 registered members, most of them very knowledgeable and helpful.

Talk with you all soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Rob,

Thank You for the welcome....

I was one one of those "normal lurkers" but now I'm out of the closet. I'm trying to learn what I can about AZ and nugget hunting prior to coming out there. I will be coming by myself, first vacation without the wife and kids. So while I'm there I can concentrate on hunting, now I just have to find out about the local clubs.

Tony

Hi BF750

The cheapest club to belong to is Weaver Mining company with alot of claims.You will find it just outside of Congress but others on here can give you better directions that I can.The high end club is got to be the 24K but it has been real good to alot of people in the past.GPAA has some claims and Roadrunner has some also but do join one so your not having to look over your shoulder because if you join you belong there.

Best of luck!

Chuck Anders

Hello All,

I've just noticed a recent spike in new registered members that are posting. For some time it seemed as if the normal posters were here and then the normal lurkers that just read. However, recently there has been a bunch of new contributors (new and old members).

I just wanted to welcome you all to my forums and hope to see you all posting in the near future. This forum has over 3,000 registered members, most of them very knowledgeable and helpful.

Talk with you all soon,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

I have been checking this forum for what ever I can lean from the pros. I take my White's Classic I D everywhere we go. When going fishing or camping always picking up coins. I just put them is jars and the wife has fun going thru them.( Never have to buy sinkers)

I'm looking to upgrade to a newer metal detector. Any recommendations ?

Stan

• Admin

Hello Stan,

Are you looking to just coin/relic hunt, or nugget hunt? There are only a few detectors that can do all of this, but they are not the best in any one field. There are entry level and top of the line coin/relic & gold nugget detectors, but not top of the line multi-purpose units (coin/relic/gold nugget).

Get back with me and let me know what you're looking for and I will be able to help you better.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Greetings from the Greenest member!

I've been panning for gold once in my life for about an hour on a trip to Gold Country California last week. I fossil hunt back east so I can appreciate the thrill of the chase. I'm here to learn as much as I can and maybe even find some of that stuff in my local area of Virginia. Any east coasters with any pointers?

What I've gathered so far is that I need to get a metal detector and learn how to use that thing rather than going about this blindly. What's a good option for the place that I'm at?

Thanks,

Bill

Howdy "new guys." Welcome. Your interests are varied. However, one thing you

should all share is being persistent... Gold will not mysteriously appear in your poke.

You must be determinated to put it there... Also, have you spent days prospecting

for gold in your local liberary?

When out prospecting or mining, concentrate, and concentrate...Learning the basics

is essentual, but being confident that you will find be successful is most important.

At this point, I suggest that a new guy does not rush out and spend thousands of

dollars on acquiring the wrong equipment. Start simple and upgrade as you become

more knowledgable.

However... no one can pan, sluice, drywash, or detect gold if'n it is not there. So

research is critical... with this said... again I say: make tracks to you local library,

prospecting "club," and local prospecting store.

But one thing we must all do... is to keep our act clean when out prospecting and

mining. Otherwise we may not find any place "open" to use.

Thanks All for the welcome.

I have been in the gold minning industry for awhile. But always finding it for someone else :blink:

I have used a Tesoro Lobo-SuperTrac for afew years and have done well on coins and jewelry. I just bought a used GP3500 w/NF 16 mono. As soon as it cools down here and we get these fishing vacations over with my son is going to back me up with the VLF, I'll find it and stir it up alittle closer to the surface.

Well, Thats the plan anyway. :)

Lots of good info here for us new guys. Keep it up, I appreciate it.

Thanks Again for the welcome

Take Care

Doug

Well Nev AU miner... Good for you... Small world. I have been in and out of the

Winnemucca area since about 1945. My cousin Rachel lived in Imlay during the

time of the steam engines... Her dad was an engineer. She went to school in Imlay.

Back in the late 1950's I moonlighted at the Toulon custom mill south of Lovelock

and full time at Eagle Picher. Actually I was one of the original crew and was there

during its construction and in its startup.

As a hint... you might visit the Winnemucca BLM field office and check out their

maps. Dick Bailey is very good using the Minelab's. He is well known. He lives in the

Imlay greater area and used to be the tireman at the TA Travel Center at Mill City.

Hello everyone

Thanks for the welcome

I am a newbie to prospecting

I am planning on going to some local Rivers and Beaches to get my feet wet.

I purchased a few pans and last night just got a detector.

It was the least expensive solid last minute local detector I could buy DFX-300

I primarily wanted to concentrate on gold but...... on the east coast where I live

we have a lot of beaches so I thought an entry level detector for coin/relic & gold nuggets would be good.

Now some of you might say there are better detectors for less money but it is what it is and this is what I got.

I would welcome any helpful hints comments or constructive criticism

Can't wait to post again with my findings after the weekend.

Dutch John, Thanks for the helpful hint. We go out behind Imlay all the time. Mostly to hunt ducks and geese in the Pit-Taylor area right before Rye Patch res. Now that I have a GP3500 I'll probably go check out the Majuba's again. As you know there are still minning operations all over this country. Thats what brought us out here 14yrs ago.

Take Care

Doug