24K GOLD NUGGETS

I have heard some rumors that some people are talking down the 24K Gold Hunters claims. These claims are still, and will be for years to come, some of the best producers of coarse placer gold in Arizona. The main reasons why I like the Devil’s Nest claims is that there are large nuggets all the way down the alluvial fan. There are some pockets as well as lone multi ouncers. I have concentrated my hunting to these claims for the past couple of months and have had a good run of nuggets lately. The more I hunt these claims the more I realize that there is a lot of gold left to be found. It takes work though. Don’t think that your detector is going to do all the work for you. A detector is just a tool, like your pick or shovel. More gold has been found with a shovel than with a detector. I do the opposite of most, I dig then detect. This has put some nice nuggets in my poke.

This last week I found a troy ounce of gold nuggets on the 24K Gold Hunters Claims. On Monday last week, I found a 6 pennyweight slug. Then on Wednesday I found a 3 pennyweight piece. On Friday I found a pocket with 6 nuggets in it 12 pennyweight total (one was another 6 pennyweight piece). It has been kind a lonely there lately though. I usually only see Charlie out there digging in his hole. I hope my run of luck lasts for a couple more weeks. I keep in mind that these claims might not be available for us to hunt someday, so I want to get what I can when I can. Hope to see some of you on the claims this fall. Here are some pictures of the nuggets I have found lately on the 24K claims.

http://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp264/earl42564/

Wow Dutchman. I would say you are onto something with your dig, then detect plan. Can you explain your method of deciding where to dig? I must not be reading the ground very good!! Thanks for the pics. Some people are always gonna whine whether there is a reason to or not. I only got to spend a few months in Arizona last winter and didn't have the opportunity to visit the 24K claims but heard nothing but good about Ellie and the 24K club. To any whiners.... be glad you can be there even if only to visit the skunk. I have to drive 12 hours to the closest gold area. Ken

I have heard some rumors that some people are talking down the 24K Gold Hunters claims. These claims are still, and will be for years to come, some of the best producers of coarse placer gold in Arizona. The main reasons why I like the Devil’s Nest claims is that there are large nuggets all the way down the alluvial fan. There are some pockets as well as lone multi ouncers. I have concentrated my hunting to these claims for the past couple of months and have had a good run of nuggets lately. The more I hunt these claims the more I realize that there is a lot of gold left to be found. It takes work though. Don’t think that your detector is going to do all the work for you. A detector is just a tool, like your pick or shovel. More gold has been found with a shovel than with a detector. I do the opposite of most, I dig then detect. This has put some nice nuggets in my poke.

This last week I found a troy ounce of gold nuggets on the 24K Gold Hunters Claims. On Monday last week, I found a 6 pennyweight slug. Then on Wednesday I found a 3 pennyweight piece. On Friday I found a pocket with 6 nuggets in it 12 pennyweight total (one was another 6 pennyweight piece). It has been kind a lonely there lately though. I usually only see Charlie out there digging in his hole. I hope my run of luck lasts for a couple more weeks. I keep in mind that these claims might not be available for us to hunt someday, so I want to get what I can when I can. Hope to see some of you on the claims this fall. Here are some pictures of the nuggets I have found lately on the 24K claims.

http://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp264/earl42564/

HI DUTCHMAN

GOOD LOOKING GOLD

YOUR RIGHT THE 24K GOLD HUNTERS CLAIMS HAVE SOME VERY NICE NUGGETS YOU JUST HAVE TO SPENT YOUR TIME HUNTING

NEXT TIME YOU SEE CHARLIE TELL HIM I SAID HI

GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE

JIM WADDILL

• Admin

Hello Dutchman,

Without a doubt, there is still a lot of gold to be be found on the 24K claims. Most of the easy spots have been hit pretty well, even with the Minelab metal detectors. However, if someone is persistant like Dutchman, and willing to spend hours, if not days digging and rolling boulders, you will find gold. Keep in mind, it's always great when you have a nice showing of gold to show, but there are many days, sometimes weeks where you can dig and not find a single nugget!

I've done all the digging and rolling over the years and found many ounces of gold doing so, but by any means it's not easy. Also, if you don't have a clue where the patches are, you might dig for months without a single nugget.

Wishing you much more luck Dutchman.

BoulderDash - The areas where Dutchman is working don't seem to produce much smaller gold. I spent some time many years ago trying to drywash some of the locations and was really disappointed on the finds. Seems like the best places for a drywasher around Rich Hill are down in the gullies.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Dutchman,

What metal detector are you using & what size coils?

In my opinion all the claims up in that area still have gold, its just you have to move more material to get to the hidden pockets & deeper stuff..........................blood sweet equity (digging) or using machinery to expose new areas.................and know the areas to work and have good potential....... :o

Your right in the near future the Greeny weenies or the enviremental wacko's will get all types of prospecting outlawed, along with ATVing ,4W'n...................There better organised & financed than we are !!

Enjoy it while you can ! :blink:

May everybody have a good season filling there poke with gold & having a good time.........

wonderer

Dutchman,

What metal detector are you using & what size coils?

I use a Minelab GP3000. I was using the 14" elliptical Coiltek Gold Stalker on the last ounce (last week). 14" elliptical Nugget Finder prior to that. The elliptical coils are the best to use in checking around and under boulders including scraping small holes to check some bedrock cracks. The key is to get your coil close to the gold. Big coils are not too useful in the boulders, they work best in open flatter areas.

Rob

I know you have found some good gold in there as well. I normally don't show my gold, but Elly is a good friend and has had some malcontents spreading BS.

I suspect that most of the malcontents haven't worked those claims as well as needs be.

• Admin

Hello Dutchman,

There will always be people that struggle with finding gold up there. Some of those people probably get discouraged and spread the bad rumors.

I made a mistake and told several guys some old patches up there and thought they were just going to detect them. Low and behold they started rolling all the boulders, digging up the area and tearing down all the vegitation.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

hi all i am very new to this i went out to the 24 the first 10 min out of the truck found my very first nugget went out a few days latter got the 2nd one it took a little longer but i got one this goes to show it is there but you have to get out and do some walking

ps rob i think i know where you are talking about .what a sight looked like a tank went right thought there well some will do anything for that little yellow nugget and i mean anything hope every thing going well and good luck see ya latter

LON

Rob, Its not hard to see where the patches are up there, anyone with a little experience can find plenty of gold bearing ground while hiking around up there. As far as ground disturbance goes. That whole alluvial fan has been worked hard with every thing from hand tools to heavy powered equipment for 150 years now. I doubt if you or the couple of guys you turned onto a patch can take credit for much of a disturbance in the macrosence.

I have seen some well worked areas in places that powered equipment has not been able to get to. I have been greatly impressed about how hard the ones that came before me had worked some of those areas by hand. My hats are off to those that leave some sweat and blood up there. Thats what it is all about to me. No need to pay a monthly gym fee when you can get a hell of a work out looking for gold nuggets. It is a lot funner than the gym as well. Keeps me in shape too. :rolleyes: