Cargo Muchacho Mountains, SE California

• Admin

Hey Ron,

For many years I kept hearing about gold in the Cargo's, but most of the stories I was hearing was smaller gold nuggets. I just figured it wasn't worth a long drive from Central Arizona. About a year ago a customer called and purchased a new GPX-4000 and wanted to know if I would trade for gold. I told him I didn't need anymore gold and he said he would get back with me. About a week later this customer called back and mentioned he sold the gold and was ready for the GPX-4000 and several searchcoils. As we started talking more about gold, he mentioned he spent the last couple of years working all the gullies around the Cargo's and found many .... many pounds of gold and even some pretty nice sized nuggets, well over 1+ ounce in size. Sure wish I would have drove out there and took a look at the area many years ago.

As far as La Paz, most of the area is now taken back over by the Indian Reservation. I believe there are places South of I-10 that are still part of La Paz that might be worth exploring, but most of the stuff North of I-10 is Indian Reservation once again.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Thanks Rob for the feedback. I was out there last winter for two months and will go back this year for three months. I stay at Yuma and detect out of there. I only have a Bounty Hunter Land Star. Would be nice to upgrade to a GPX-4000, but not right away. Truefully, I havent been very lucky around Cargo, but I attributed to my inexperience and equipment. None-the-less, I haven't given up. I am hoping to get in touch with someone that knows more than me to go out with a couple of time.

Ron

Thanks Rob for the feedback. I was out there last winter for two months and will go back this year for three months. I stay at Yuma and detect out of there. I only have a Bounty Hunter Land Star. Would be nice to upgrade to a GPX-4000, but not right away. Truefully, I havent been very lucky around Cargo, but I attributed to my inexperience and equipment. None-the-less, I haven't given up. I am hoping to get in touch with someone that knows more than me to go out with a couple of time.

Ron