You want to know what caused the economic crisis?

Oh great - more finger-pointing.

Hey Ken, why don't we stop all this simplistic afixing blame stuff?

Anyone who half tries can find both Republicans or Democrats, and lots of others to afix blame to.

Instead why don't we offer up some comprehensive information that could educate us about what

we can do about the problem?

Factionalizing, justifying and blaming is pretty old right now don't you think?

Flak

I recommend this thread be deleted immediately. No one likes to argue ploitics more than I, however, this is a gold prospecting forum.

Over the years I have had a couple of very successful forums, the Goldstalker forum, the Aussie Yank Prospecting forum.

What killed them both was people wanting to argue politics.

If you want to argue politics, Rob can start a new section called Political Issues from around the country, or something like that.

If you start it here, we will all be sorry at how quickly this forum disintegrates. STOP NOW! DELETE NOW! GO PROSPECTING!

Doc

I totally agree with Doc & Flak. This is a gold prospecting forum so please delete all this political garbage. This opinionated finger pointing crap is taking over other prospecting forums and they are starting to look like MyFox Political Blogs. Lets please stick to the subject, gold prospecting.

Easy guys,

If there had been a political part of this site I would have posted there. I viewed the information and it appeared to offer some details that perhaps have not been made widely available and I thought that others might have some interest.

You notice that I did not comment or editorialize after the link. I figured that I would let others make their own conclusions.

Also, If you think that gold mining/prospecting is not effected by politics then you are most assuredly misinformed. We should all keep track of where we are and how we got here.

Best wished to all.

ken

Dang, I saw this and I had to respond!

One of the things about miners and prospectors of the past, and we're not that much different today other than the equipment available, is that there is basically no difference between "old and new".

And, the term "fickle" and "honest" tends to support the camp!

I don't recall any historical "mining people" that didn't throw a "shovel full" of opinion around a "campfire"! You can include Stock speculators, Railroad Barrons and what have you, because they were always part of the dissusion.

And I also consider the "forum" as a campfire, where the miners and prospectors can, bitch, piss and complain to a degree, yet the "camp" gets out there and "prospects" together after the morning coffee together.

I do agree with Doc and Flak and others that replied, Rob should open up the forum a bit. But IMHO it's not just about finding a bucket full of Nuggets and parading finds on a forum, hell that would be boring to a degree, i.e. see what I got!.....Braging rights aside!

The Miners built the West and, they were very "outspoken" in doing so.....Democrats and Republicans were NOT part of their venacular of the time. Disagreement opened up the Western Frontier!

I'm not going to "rate" Kcoulsons post on any "scale", yet it does belong among all of us respective to thinking and forming an opinion, good or bad, with regards to what is going on around us.....!??

The miners stood-up for their rights "challenge" and "thought" was always part of their day! There was also something else that drove this historically. You be the judge!

Gary

It is truly sad that people believe this kind of crap is responsible. No bill passed in 1977 even with mods will cause what is happening today, but it does give those responsible a good excuse to cover up the true reasons. It also makes it believable to those with no knowledge of economics. Blame the other side always provides a convenient excuse. Hitler used it all the time.

The brain dead mentality that believes this crap deserves what is happening to them and what will happen if it continues.

I quit posting here some time ago and now I remember why. I will try to avoid future posts.

Reg

PS: The sad thing is even Republicans will not believe fellow Republican Ron Paul when they can try to shift the blame;

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=7696

I woundn't normally comment, but I have too! #1. is good old American Greed.

#2 is tring to live beyond your means.

#3 Is tring to bailout someone who made the wrong decissions with there business.

#4 Is live by a budget, in the first place. My wife and I do. we only get so much money a month! We know how much that is, So first the bills are paid:IE rent, electric, propane, food, gas for the car, co-pay on meds. If there is any left, we spit it, for personal stuff. if not we do without, or I go out and try, and I said try! to find some gold to sell for extra mony. Some times it works.

#5 Is stop sending all our jobs overseas! We don't make anything here anymore!

#6 would be to start up Shop class in high schools, so we can learn to make stuff that we farm out to: China, India, Japan and other forein countries.

#7 Its not that we shouldn't help people, we should! But our people, Us people, quit giving our money to forien governments. Hell take what Iraq. has in the bank, and use it! Were over there protecting them, fighting for there self rule! Freedom is not FREE! it cost a bunch! Charge them!

#8 Fire everyone in Washington D.C. and start all over again! With honest people!

This Message has been aproved by:GRUBSTAKE

It is truly sad that people believe this kind of crap is responsible.....

Reg, referring to your quote it is my 'take only' that you are providing comment to the 'link' provided above or, did you mean something else?

Yes, there were underlying real facts pointed out in this 'link', as well as underlying exaggerations to the facts. None of which combines to form a "truthful" picture of what we're being told, from being in an economic crisis that must be fixed TODAY in order for our way of life to continue.....I can only paraphrase here because I can't remember the 'source' of this one years ago in our History.....

Create the crisis, let it simmer and ride in on a great "white horse" afterwords as the great Liberator? Has anyone read the "pork" thrown into this "Bill and approved by the Senate" to make this "Bail-Out"l".....FLY.....tomorrow in the House? Hell I thought this "bill" was about a "bail-out" and not extending a "pilots license" to again encourage "flying pigs"!

No bill passed in 1977 even with mods will cause what is happening today, but it does give those responsible a good excuse to cover up the true reasons.

You mention "three" reasons here.....

1. 'Passed bills in 1977 with mods'..... I assume "mods" means changes/revisions one way or another that Congress implemented which had a positve/negitive affect on the public, depending on the "asking sourse" for money.

2. You also mention 'those responsible'..... That statement is vague as hell, and "finger pointing" would be usless if "Party Affilation" matters. The Web of decipt behind this is far greater than ANY Political Affilation regardless of where You stand today!

3. And, what was missed to a degree was that this 1977 "bill" you speak of was an ACT of CONGRESS which can be "resinded" as well as "modified" etc. One thing is missing in your comment! In the "link" noted the very first thing mentioned was the tie-in to the "Community Reinvestment ACT".....Look at "how it got passed through Congress" with all of the 'players involved' and what it funded "behind the scenes"of public scruntany!

Reg, I find the link posted as a means of conversation and debate as well, not something to be walked away from due to "Party". So what's going to happen tomorrow with the House Vote? Are we going to get a "Bail-out" that was first rejected on it's merit, or are "We the People" going to allow "pigs to fly" again under the guise of our tax dallars?

It also makes it believable to those with no knowledge of economics. Blame the other side always provides a convenient excuse. Hitler used it all the time.....The brain dead mentality that believes this crap deserves what is happening to them and what will happen if it continues.

Do they still teach "Economics in High School", or for that matter why we, the USA, got involved with WW2?

"Braindead" and past History go Hand-in-Hand!

I quit posting here some time ago and now I remember why. I will try to avoid future posts.

I guess we all have a choice of which 'sandbox' we're willing to play in regarding our opinions and knowledge of events, and for that matter life in general.

I say this respectfully Reg.

Gary

It is truly sad that people believe this kind of crap is responsible. No bill passed in 1977 even with mods will cause what is happening today, but it does give those responsible a good excuse to cover up the true reasons. It also makes it believable to those with no knowledge of economics. Blame the other side always provides a convenient excuse. Hitler used it all the time.

The brain dead mentality that believes this crap deserves what is happening to them and what will happen if it continues.

Reg

PS: The sad thing is even Republicans will not believe fellow Republican Ron Paul when they can try to shift the blame;

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=7696

Easy there Reg.

You are sounding like a far left, pirate, moon bat, Bush hater.