Maybe he had a mark twain moment, who thought once that all he had to do was go someplace and pick up the gold lying all around, by the bucketful.

Aaaah, the delusions of riches, romanticism, glamour... and then you run over a nail and get a hard dose of reality.

my two delusions was working the woods and working in a mine. after working both, the romanticism wore off after dealing with the cold snow blowing wind in colorado and wyoming sinking shafts or other mining chores, or the ticks from setting chokers, or running away from a runaway treetrunk going back downhill after getting away from a high lead, and other challenges in the woods of Oregon.

Gold still has a romantic view, but it's a lot of hard work and the quest is vastly more rewarding spiritually than the actual possession; though the possession isn't all that bad either.

Maybe bluesdad had a falling out with the partner, or the cut wasn't what he thought it would be. maybe the water was just too cold, or the chosen spot was well picked over. Maybe it was the food and work, the drive, or some other problem. No telling until we hear from him.

some dreams crash hard

• 2 weeks later...

Oakwoodcutter

We all like to dream and blues dad was no different than all of us on this forum.We fall short of it sometimes but that's apart of life.

Blues Dad I hope your out there and read this.It's okay to fell but don't let that get in the way of your dream.When I go nugget hunting I come in after a long hunt with nothing but two hands full of trash but that's okay because tomorrow may be my dream day.

So come on here and let us hear all about your trip and your dream.It's not so much the gold you found but the joy of the trip through life that nobody can take away from you.

Chuck Anders

hey chuck...iam afraid we will never hear from him again..his gold days are gone in the wind..i talked a bit with him...some scrupilous detector salesman not to name them really got him all pumped up..he invisioned ounces a day..so he quit his job to go learn how to get it..i tried to warn him but he didnt listin..when i started to hunt i was told i needed this and that what i had was no good etc etc etc and after forking out 6000.00..i learned and realized i could have spent 2000.00 or less..half the crap i was told i needed i didnt...some of these detcor dealers will tell ya anyhting to get your cash..all the places i hunted and seen gold found coulda been got with any vlf machine for a few hundred bucks...anyways i wonder of him from time to time..guess he,s just singing the blues out on the big open highway

Oakwoodcutter

Maybe we need to take a lesson from when we come into this world.That's at first we crawl before we walk and walk before we run into something we don't know a thing about.

Now this all sounds good but when you get gold fever you get hotter over gold than any woman you'll ever meet. :spank:

Chuck Anders