First Coiltek Goldstalker Finds

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is a short testimonal from a customer in California that purchased one of the new Coiltek Goldstalker Searchcoils. I will let him add details and some information about his new finds he just found (picture 2).

Rob, Hey thanks the coil came in handy today...except the holes have to be bigger! It picked up this little .3 pwt dink today about 4" down. I love it. Talk to you later, Rick
Rob, I'm very happy with the new Goldstalker, I had no idea that it would pickup the shallow small pickers. My main thought on purchasing the 16" was to cover more ground and pickup all the easy pickings and then switch back to a smaller coil. I'll have to give it some thought now! (still may need a 14") I'm sold on the overall performance and the weightlessness of my new Goldstalker! Rick

P.S. Thanks for the business Rick, wishing you the best out there.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hobbies usually start with the basic's. Back in the late 70's you could find me on Lynx Creek, AZ with my little 3" dredge. That creek gave me the fever and now my hobby has turned to...well a passion! I now own 4 dredges up to a 5" and so much other stuff that I have to use the National Forest as my storage unit!!! I've always have had metal detectors, started on the Salt River finding lost rings & coins. Winters in California found me hitting the gold patches with my Whites MXT and watching my fellow partners picking nuggets up in my tracks. Now, that I have a Minelab Extreme with the basic stock coils it was time to upgrade my coils. My research pointed me to the 16" Goldstalker. What I really noticed on my first trip out was I wasn't changing arms as one got tired, it's a pleasure to swing and I can cover some open ground. The main reason for picking the Coiltek was it sensitivity, I wanted to punch down a few more inches. When I pulled that little .3 dwt out I was surprised and had to take a photo, you'd think I would take photo's of the larger nuggets...but that is what I expect from this coil. I've named my coil "Cake & Ice Cream"

LuckyLundy

LuckyLundy,

Way to go on the gold nuggets! You are on a roll. I hope they keep on coming for you. The 16" Goldstalker is a killer. Another "must have" is the 14" eliptical Goldstalker coil. You would not believe the sensativity and depth you can get with it. I noticed in the photos that Rob posted for you that your coil cable is loose wrapped at the bottom of your stick and almost touching your coil. You may want to try and use velcro and wrap the cable so that it is away from the coil while you are detecting. I use a nylon conduit clamp modified a little bit and it works oustanding. I use them at the upper end mounted on the handle and have not worn out a coil cable yet. Let me know if you want me to post a pic and I'll get one up for you. Every little bit counts. Again, congradulations on the gold nuggets! Take care.

Cheers,

matt

LuckyLundy

Absolutely, Matt is right, you need to get that coil cable up away from the coil. Everytime that cable wiggles it will give off a faint signal usually sounding like ground noise. This could cause you to miss a small target or a deep big one. Man you and nuggetslayer are just killing them at your spot. Good going. Wish I'd have that kinda luck this year.

Hawk

The coil cable does look bad. I had it wraped to tight to follow the contour, put a little slack in it on the run. With the detector laying flat the cable loop enlarged. I have it rewraped to look like I know what I'm doing now, but the coil still performed with no flaws.

Hawk, thanks for the Kudo's...your and icon in our neck of the woods. My partner and I are new to the Minelab sucess', yet I'm and old hand at prospecting. I believe you had a story book year detecting. We are only on our first page of our book with a few pictures and not many written words...the type of book I like reading.

LuckyLundy

LuckyLundy

I tell you what you two are doing great with your detectors much better than I have been doing the past several months. I retired from the California Youth Authority just a little over two years ago and have not been able to get out detecting even half as much as I was when I was working. You always here people saying they have never been busier than after they retired and in my case its true and I don't know why. To my excuse I was down and out with health issues for a stretch of 6 to 7 months last year into this year but still where's the time go, I guess I need to just make time for it like I did when working. Anyway you guys keep up the good work with those nuggets and maybe one day we can get together for a hunt.

Take care, Wes

Hawk,

Several years ago, I had a youngman working for me and he showed me a nugget he picked up. It was when he was working for CCC (California Conservation Corps), they where working on repairing the trail at Yankee Jim (N Fork American). They where taking a lunch break swim-mining the exposed bedrock poles. The gravel bar he picked this nugget (1/2 oz) just lying there by his shoes is a classic bar with a deep blow-hole in front of it. If we could get some rain in our parts this rainy season, for some new color!

LuckyLundy

LuckyLundy

This year is shaping up almost like 96/97 winter. We were real dry up until the end of december then wham, all of it at once. THe flooding was terrible but thats the type of water thats needed to move gold and the overburden.

I use to have a lot of fun working with the youth authority wards out on project work. When we had projects up in the gold bearing areas I usually had most of them hooked on looking for gold. It took there minds off of gang banging and mischief and made some of them look at some alternatives to their current lifestyles. Maybe I made a difference in some, who knows.

Good luck with the gold.

Wes