TODAY'S GOLD NUGGET FINDS

• Admin

Hey Guys,

A few friends and I hit the hills today and revisited the small patch I hit on New Years Day. We hunted the area pretty hard and ended up finding another five gold nuggets from the spot. I think it's pretty beat down now. I ended up finding four gold nuggets and my partner found one. My biggest was 2 Dwt's, parnters was about a Dwt in size.

We also spent a little bit of time on the 24K Gold Hunters claims. I hit one of the pushes for about an hour and scored a decent litle nugget down about 8 inches with the GPX-4500 and Coiltek 14-inch coil. Here is a short Youtube video that I shot -

Picture of gold nuggets from today. My nuggets are the four on the left, partners on the far right. All found with the Minelab GPX-4500's and Coiltek Goldstalker Searchcoils.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob,

Sweet video. That oscillation is a really bad. I have experinced it when using an external speaker, but not that bad. Thanks for sharing the video. That 14" Goldstalker really sounds off on the nuggets.

DigDeep,

I have been using the 14" eliptical mono and it is the best all around coil I have used. Something about that coil=gold nuggets. Take care.

Cheers,

matt

Do you guys run into a lot of dozer blade shavings? you know they did a lot of dozing up there in mariposa during and after the fire and i'm just wondering if it would be a huge pain detecting all with the broken shavings from the dozer blades?

GEEZ that sucker sings a crazy song LOL

• Admin

Hey Guys,

DigDeep - I'm really growing partial to the 14-inch elliptical. Super lightweight, don't false, really sensitive to small gold and gets great depth. All the new Goldstalker's are nice, just where I'm hunting right now is pretty rocky and brushy in spots for bigger ellipticals or rounds. The little 6-inch is also super sensitive if you have a place with a lot of smaller gold.

Matt - That noise was from my digital camera getting too close to the coil. I wasn't using an external speaker, just had my Black Widow headphones turned outward so the camera could hear the sound. The video's arent the best quality, but they do allow people to see some nuggethunting.

Vini - There is a club up at Rich Hill called the 24K Gold Hunters. They do pushes each month with a dozer and it does leave metal track and blade fragments when it hits solid or hard bedrock. Sometimes those little fragments sound just like small gold nuggets at depth.

Take care,

Rob Allison