Minelab SD 2100V2

Hi everyone, I just got my new SD 2100V2 from UPS today. After putting it together I found the battery has a charge on it, how much I don't know. How do I go about fully charging the battery with out over charging it? Also is there a DVD on how to operate the SD 2100V2? The thin manual that came with the detector is not vary detailed.

• Admin

Hey Bob,

The lead acid batteries normally always have a charge on them. They don't last long the shelf if they don't have some charge. The only way to check them is to place a volt meter on it and see what it says. A fully charged 6v lead acid can read as high as 6.8 - 7+ volts before you turn it on.

Make sure you're careful using the AC wall charger. This charge is not a smart charger and will damage your stock battery if you charge too long. What is too long on this charger .... good question!!! The only real way is to check it with a meter every so often.

Suggestion - Toss the wall charger in the closet and do down to Radio Shack and purchase a AC/DC Convertor that has a cigarette plug in on it. You can now use your Minelab smart 12v car charger with the AC/DC Convertor in the house and don't have to worry about burning up the battery. This is what I one with the SD and GP's. The 12v car charger won't over charge the battery and will flash when its full charged.

No DVD for the SD2100v2. :angry2: Minelab makes a VHS tape titled "SD series" or a VHS tape for the SD220d.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Rob forgot that we also carry the smart charger for the Lead acid batteries. However, going with the AC to DC converter is a good solution. I would recommend that you look for one at Walmart, or Kmart. Radio shacks prices are ridculous on some things, unless they are having a sale. The other advantage of the ac to dc is that you can use it for other items that you plug into your car.

BCOT!

Doc