Ol' Baboo & New Patch

Yo All...I've been researching an old placer area up in the Vulture Mountains far west of Wickenburg...I hit a little gulch a couple weeks ago for a couple nuggets, then went on an extended hike...I've covered a lot of ground and a bunch of gulches and gullys up to today...Today I found an area where the old timers ripped up some surface quartz out crops...Lots of surface trash, and then, this afternoon, just before sundown, I hit an indicator nugget...0.4 DWT... Then, down the gulley, right in the middle of the gully, underneath an obnoxious palo verde, I hit this interesting 1/4 OZT nugget, showing some real dark purple quartz...Can't wait to get back there over the next few days....I'm getting really addicted to the prospecting part of our hobby...It is very rewarding to research and observe certain mineralization and then see that observation pay off in nuggets....Cheers, Unc

• Admin

Hey Uncle Ron,

Congrats on the new finds and patch. Just goes to show it is still out there to be found if you explore and spend the time pounding dirt.

That new Coiltek 6-inch is selling great. Without a doubt the most sensitive coil on the market right now for small gold if you're using a Minelab PI. I'm hoping to have another 10 or so for the upcoming Phoenix GPAA Gold Show, but don't expect them to last more than a few hours after the doors open.

Hope you continue to pluck more from the new spot.

P.S. Never heard back from you about the map packets you wanted me to take to the show.

Rob Allison

An added advantage of this new coil is that if you are ever using one of the monster size coils, and get a deep hole going and can not figure out if your pinpointing was right, if you have that 6 inch on a separate rod, it makes a perfect pinpointer to stick down into a deep narrow hole.

I have used my Joey coil many times for this purpose.

BCOT!

Doc

• Like 1

An added advantage of this new coil is that if you are ever using one of the monster size coils, and get a deep hole going and can not figure out if your pinpointing was right, if you have that 6 inch on a separate rod, it makes a perfect pinpointer to stick down into a deep narrow hole.

I have used my Joey coil many times for this purpose.

BCOT!

Doc

I am not using a PI, but I have two coils for my Minelab Eureka Gold (Thanks Rob :) ) the stock'r, and the 15in Coiltek WOT. When digging Deep pieces of trash (deep for me is 12-16 inches and I still have not found my first detected Nugget) I throw the stock coil on to pinpoint as I dig as it is a pain in the AS$ to dig a hole large enough to pinpoint with a 15in coil (especially on a VLF that requires SOME sort of swing...) and then have to fill it in when it is a Bullet/Shell Casing/Barbed wire piece, etc. I WILL get my gold SOON :D (thinking positive)

Rob, I think I am going to join up with the 24k Club with my tax return check...I consider it an Investment as I KNOW Rich Hill still has gold left (especially on the pushes)

BTW, on the Pushes note, am I going to have trouble with interference on the pushes with my VLF in close quarters with a bunch of PI guys? (If so, should I run with a Lower Freq setting 20, or the 6.4, as it seems they are less prone to interference?)

Another question....I know that some of the pushes have a coil size limit on the first day...considering that there are only 3 total coil sizes for my VLF, does it apply to my 15in WOT?

Thanks in advance.

Nathan.

P.S. I am pretty sure I will see you at the GPAA gold show. It sounds like a Riot of a good time (it will be my first Show)