24K Desert Special Claims

• Admin

Hey Angmo,

I'm a Board Member of the 24K Gold Hunters Club, but will not be making the pushes tomorrow. The best way to find those claims are to get to Stanton, Arizona. From the Stanton or the LDMA Camp, continue on the main dirt road that takes you around Rich Hill (not the road heading North). Once you pass over a cattle guard (less than a mile) start watching for a road that takes off to the left from the main dirt road you are on. I believe there might be a Black 24K sign, just can't remember for sure. One you find the road to the left, take it and continue on that road for a bit until you hit a fence and gate. There should be several 24K Security and Members waiting there in line.

Normally all the vehicles and quads will line up right there and check in. Around 8:30 - 9am, they will release everyone up the hill to the push sites. From there the club will give everyone time to get all their stuff out and get ready. Everyone starts hunting at the same time, the first up the hill don't get to start hunting before anyone else.

Just take you time up the road to the pushes. Elly requires 4x4 or quad since several 2-wheel drive vehicles got stuck last year and held everyone up from getting to the pushes. What a nightmare .... (tires spinning, rubber burning ... members cusing and screaming!) :wacko:

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Angmo,

No, the Desert Specials are on the West side, but you have to drive around a little bit and then backtrack up the road to them. This is where you want to be tomorrow morning (Desert Special #1 & #2, on the Westside). If you at the "T" in the road just after Stanton looking East at Rich Hill, you need to continue to stay on the main dirt road that heads SouthEast or in a Eastern direction. I've been there a million times and believe it's about a mile down the road and then you turn off to the left.

Sounds confusing, but you will find it very easily.

The Devil's Nest Claims are on the East side, or East Basin. However, over the years I've always called in the South side.

Heck, if you need to, give me a call 623-362-1459 this evening before it get tooo too late.

Rob Allison