Available Mods & Accessories for the SD series

• Admin

Hello All,

Many customers are now very interested in purchasing the Minelab SD series (2100v2 & 2200v2) since the price has been reduced. The Minelab flyer I received said the SD2100v2 is now selling for $400.00 less than the White's TDI. :blink:

The Question is, "What are all the various mods and Accessories" out there for the SD series metal detectors?

I know of these ones -

(1) Coiltek Pocket Rocket System (6.7/7.3v system)

(2) Ismael's Australian Mod

(3) Woody's SD2100/SD2100v2 mod

(4) Others ... ?

If you know of others please list them on this thread.

Thanks,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

Thanks for having put out the suggestion for sending in known mods that might be "out there".

It would be very helpful if all who have the LINKS to those sites, to include them in their post, and perhaps have information PINNED or saved somewhere on your website.

Thanks!

~LARGO~

Hello All,

Many customers are now very interested in purchasing the Minelab SD series (2100v2 & 2200v2) since the price has been reduced. The Minelab flyer I received said the SD2100v2 is now selling for $400.00 less than the White's TDI. :blink:

The Question is, "What are all the various mods and Accessories" out there for the SD series metal detectors?

I know of these ones -

(1) Coiltek Pocket Rocket System (6.7/7.3v system)

(2) Ismael's Australian Mod

(3) Woody's SD2100/SD2100v2 mod

(4) Others ... ?

If you know of others please list them on this thread.

Thanks,

Rob Allison

Rob,

Is a signal enhancer needed on the SD2100v2 to, or just the older SD2100?

wonderer

Rob,

ADDED FOR CLARIFICATION: Was the SD2100v2 (blue case) upgraded with a better amplifier than the SD2100 (green case) or is the electronics exactly the same? (So they both need a signal enhancer)

Sorry I didn't clarify my question enough :spank::blush: wonderer

• Admin

Hey Steve,

Yep, they both need a Signal Enhancer to boost the sound up more. The overall circuitry is the same, but the board and components are much newer since the old Green boxed SD2100's were manufactured about 12-13 years ago.

Like I stated, you don't have to have one on the SD2100's to operate, you can find plenty of targets without one. However, since it does have lower audio then the GP and GPX series, most will eventually add a good Signal Enhancer on them. I recommend the Detacc or newest Goldscreamer.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison