Been finding some gold

G'day all, been pretty wet and muggy in central Queensland Australia lately but have managed to get out for a few hours today and on the weekend. I scored a nice rough specimen on saturday along with a few tiddlers, but today I got onto a nice 24 gram bit (no photo sorry, gave it to the guy I went detecting with (his patch)) and a 28 grammer deep in an old patch with the GPX-4500.

Speci

P1310203-1.jpg

Speci close up

P1310205-1-1.jpg

28 gram Nugget before cleaning

P2030002-1.jpg

Cleaned up

P2030006-1.jpg

JP

Pretty nugget Jonathan! Congratulations.

Doc

G'day DOC and everyone, thanks for the remarks. BTW DOC I got the Bungee cords in the post but every time I head out with one to put on my machine one of my mates keeps pinching the things :spank: . This has happened to me four times now, so next time I am going to paint the bloomin thing pink and see if that deters them!! :blush: (although I seriously doubt it :wacko: )

For forum members not sure about what I am talking about DOC has been up to his old tricks and been re-inventing the wheel, this time it is one of the best detector support bungees I have ever seen, couple it with a HipStick and you have the perfect setup for lengthy detecting sessions no matter the size of the coil or the terrain.

Thats two really innovative products I stock out of the US now, its good to see us Aussies being shown how to suck eggs every now and then, keeps us on our toes :lol: Now if I can just keep my mates from pinching them I'll be very happy!!! :girl:

JP

What all the fuss is about

P2040004-1.jpg

Hey JP,

Great to hear from you. Congrats on the recent specie and nuggets you found.

No reason to be a stranger here, we all welcome you and miss your Outback stories and gold finds.

Rob Allison

I agree with Rob. I am personally honored and humbled to even have the opportunity to talk with a professional like you. (And all the other Professionals on this forum)

This really is America's Guide to finding elusive gold nuggets.

Nathan