24k sold

• Admin

Hey Mark,

When I talked with Elly a few months back I asked her how much she would sell all the Devils Nest claims. She told me she wanted no less than two million for the Devil's Nest claims. Now we all know they are not worth that type of price, but $100,000 - $200,000 might be more realistic at todays price of gold.

All I can do is wish her the best of luck. The 24k Gold Hunters Club was unique and one of the best!

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob, I don't know what the selling price was but I wouldn't have sold them for less than 2 million without doing some serious drilling first. Look what they pulled out of Weaver Mountain.

I agree with Ron. It is a straight forward deal. I'm sure all the members were all looking forward to the club continuing on as it was but times change and things happen. Elly made a decision and is taking care of business in a fair and honorable way.

I have known Elly since about 1990 and have been a member of most of the previous clubs associated with the claims on the hill. Yes, there has been other clubs that have come and gone, so this isn't something new. Elly has been involved with some of those previous clubs, and others were independent. Regardless, clubs have come and gone. So, this is nothing new.

There is a reason clubs come and go and that is, no one wants to be involved. People have a tendency to treat a club much like they do a Kmart or Walmart where they think the customer is "always right". Well, small businesses and clubs do not operate that way. Clubs take a lot of time and energy to operate and as such can be very draining. Elly has enjoyed the company of a lot of nice people, but has had to put up with a lot of crap from the few that think the world revolves around them. Trust me, if you are one of those self serving ass whole group of people, the world could care less about you or what you think, and, no, the world doesn't not operate for your convenience.

Now, since all of this discussion about the sale of the claims has happened, I have had a few conversations with Elly and to clarify a few things, the claims mentioned by Elly in the newsletter are sold and should be treated as such to avoid any problems. There is no delayed or pending date as mentioned. The new owner does own those claims and his rights should be respected.

The club still exists, but is downsized, claim wise, and there will be no more pushes, at least, not supported by the club as they have been in the past. Elly has mentioned the club will exist until all the claims are sold, but until then, club members still have a very good place to go. I have hunted many of the remaining claims off and on since 1989 and found gold almost all of them on Rich Hill, so I know they have potential.

If you decide you want a refund, keep in mind that you will not be a member any more and the claims will be off limits. So, think about your decision.

There is still a lot up in the air that has to be sorted out. This will take time and a lot more thought process. Is it possible that things can be done with the claims that are left? Of course, but it would take participation of the remaining club members and a logical plan developed. Could it be worth it? Again, the answer is yes, but again, members have to be players and not sit on the side lines. So again, there is something to think about.

Right now, Elly has a lot on her mind. She doesn't need any threats or hassles. She is not a kid any more and has dedicated a lot of her life to this prospecting adventure and the clubs involved in the area. Most people have been retired and living the retired life for years when they reach Elly's age. Well, it is time for her to enjoy life from a different perspective. As she has mentioned, she has grandchildren growing up she really doesn't know. So, she has decided this is the time to do that before it is too late. Personally, I think it is a great idea, so I wish her the best.

If you are interested in still having a club, keep in mind you will have to be a player and not a spectator any more. If that is too tough, then it is time to get out. The sun will come up in the east regardless of how important you think you are and will set in the west long after you are gone. What you decide to do in between sunrise and sunset will decide how you are perceived once the sun sets. You don't get merit badges for stupidity or being rude or arrogant. So, if that is what you want to do, then by all means stand in front of a mirror and blast away to the only person who cares. Just don't expect any intelligent responses, should you decide to do this.

For those who have enjoyed the club and what the fun it has provided in the past, it is time to think of what just might be done before all is gone.

Reg

catlover

I respect your ideas about future pushes,but I can give some information

that most club members may not understand. First I have never met Elly,

or prospected on her claims. I do understand the expense ,laws,and liability

with mining claims. I sure don't blame her for getting out from under all

the expense,pressure and liability. The current political situation is not looking

good for any claim owner in the near future.

Under the current rules and laws in order to do a push,you have to file a notice

or plan of operations. Both require substantial bonds. The claim owner is required

to rehabilitate the land back to the same condition as it was found. This includes

plants and all vegetation ,also it has to be monitored for some time after before

you are released from your obligations or liability.

Under current law ,you can not remove any ore or gold for commercial purpose

under a notice. So this means that a full plan of operations is required . That can

really get expensive,plus the liability goes way up,and you are at the mercy of

bureaucrats.

Since Elly owns those claims,she is liable for any damage,supposed damage, and

all expenses that the Federal government wants to charge her with.

I own claims,also I own dozers and lots of digging equipment. The purchase price

of a machine doesn't mean a lot when figuring operating cost. One break down on

your $10,000.00 cat can make it a $30,000.00 cat. Plus a $10,000.00 cat is due for

a major come apart to start with. Also when you unload your cat,then the real

liability starts. One good hydraulic leak,anti-freeze ,or fuel leak can make you public

enemy number one. Boulders and brush can produce some dandy leaks too.

As an example,I was thinking about doing a trench on my claims,with a mini type

track excavator. The minimum bond for a trench 2 feet wide,4 feet deep,and 100

feet long ,on just a notice operation was $1000.00,if there was no vegetation or

trees that would be damaged. Also there was a bond required to move the machine

from the unloading point to the work area. Plus the area has to be reclaimed ,grass

replanted,and if any cactus or brush is removed,it has to be replaced. In the case

of cactus or brush it has to be monitored at my expense for 5 years to ensure that

it survives. The dirt has to be kept separate when it is dug too,and replaced in the

order that it came out,with the top soil on top where it belongs. To sum it up the

initial bond is the cheap part. Keep in mind that all approvals or dis approvals are

handled by bureaucrats,and some nit picking little thing ,real or not,can ruin you.

No I didn't dig the trench. :lol:

OUCH! The "why bother" expression does come to mind. Thanx for all that great info!! I read on another forum that within 10 yrs. BLM is going to take the claims back in AZ. I suppose I'll get slammed again for more rumor but really I'm just wondering if it's true? The way things seem to be going......... Support PLP!!

Hey Mark,

When I talked with Elly a few months back I asked her how much she would sell all the Devils Nest claims. She told me she wanted no less than two million for the Devil's Nest claims. Now we all know they are not worth that type of price, but $100,000 - $200,000 might be more realistic at todays price of gold.

All I can do is wish her the best of luck. The 24k Gold Hunters Club was unique and one of the best!

Take care,

Rob Allison

To the best of my knowledge- Elly never actually owned the claims herself. Elly had some kind of agreement with a doctor in Washington that let her use the claims as she wished.

GSB

I recently spoke with Elly at length about this Soloman guy...He has no ties to the club, other than possibly being just a regular member, but several of his customers have joined the club in the past...As you can tell by the contents of his website, he's not exactly a professional prospector...of gold, anyway :rolleyes: He was using one of my Rich Hill photos on his website last year without permission..When I notified him he was not welcome to use it, he promptly removed it and appologized....

GSB, I did a quick search on the BLM site and it verifies that Elly does indeed have sole ownership of the claims she sold...Cheers, Unc

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I didn't realize Terry Soloman was the guy driving the Hummer. I talked with this guy several times through email and he seemed pretty nice. I was thinking it was another guy in Stanton that purchased the claims.

I know Terry Soloman tried to purchase Potato Patch and also tried to purchase Chris Gholson's claims.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello All,

Just a quick update on the 24k club. Many members have requested their membership to be reinbursed. Many members have already received their money for the remainder amount of time they had left in the club. If anyone is looking to pull out of the club you must write Elly in person and request your remainder amount back.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello All,

Just a quick update on the 24k club. Many members have requested their membership to be reinbursed. Many members have already received their money for the remainder amount of time they had left in the club. If anyone is looking to pull out of the club you must write Elly in person and request your remainder amount back.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob, Isent Elly a Email as to Iwould like a refund. I have not heard back from her but see that I am blocked from the 24K web site. Do you know if I have to send her a letter through USPS also? Thanks, Bunk

• Admin

Hello Bunk,

I seen the website is now down. Not sure if Elly is doing changes or the site is done with.

As for receiving back payment, I heard you have to send her a letter requesting the remainder of your membership back ($1 per day left I believe). I know a friend mentioned that a bunch of people at the LDMA Camp are waiting for their money also.

You might want to try the new email address that Uncle Ron posted.

Take care,

Rob Allison