24k sold

Dakota Slim...Please inform to Rob about this situation because he is a Board of 24k Hunter club. He knows about it alot than us. I want to make sure if it is true! Thank you Catlover let me know about this news. Please tell Elly or new owner of 24K Hunter Club to confirm about Elly's sold club to Hummer Guy @ Stanton. Of course, 24K Hunter Club is responsible to email it's 24K members to know right away before too late. I supposed to attend my first time to 24k events last month and this month as well as my possible to join 24k Hunter club this year. But right now, my decision is delayed not to join until 24k club must be fully recovered. Good question from kamikaze to see what the new owner to respond the answer.

MB

I was up there today for the first time, and there was a fellow driving a hummer installing claim signs in the area. From what I understand there will be a meeting Thursday night 5PM at the Congress Community Center to explain what is going on, but I have not heard this officially. I was told up there that the Push was indeed canceled. Kevin

Whats the big deal?? Clubs sell claims all the time. (its probably even in the paperwork you signed, no guarantees) .They have plenty of other claims up there to do pushes on, dont they??

Maybe Elly picked up some more claims, and everything will even out.

It will however, be interesting to find out what the deal is....

Did they ever get to bedrock on those particular claims?

Theres nothing wrong with pulling up the stakes and moving on to greener pastures.

I personally pounded those claims hard this year and was able to scratch out about 4 ounces. I am still happy with my membership investment and just needed something like this to motivate me to hunt the other claims. I feel there is a bigger and better patch still out there. It may take me a little time to find some replacement patches, but I am up for the challenge. I know one thing is for sure, these claims may not be accessible to some of us for too much longer. Don't waste this oppurtunity to hunt these other claims why you can. :rolleyes:

• Admin

Hey Guys,

It is official even though I haven't talked with Elly in person. Many are running around Stanton with their arms up in the air wondering what happened. I guess Elly has been telling members that she has no plans to sell the club or break it up and then this happens. I seen this coming to be honest ... but hoped liked hell it was just my gut instinct telling some something that wasn't true.

I don't know the guy in the Hummer, but never heard a good thing about him. Many have had run-ins with him that were not pleasant to say the least.

I just feel sorry for all the people that have paid up memberships. You need to make sure you get your money back in full.

Each month is worth $29.17. As an example, if you have three months left on your current membership, you should be refunded $87.51 in full.

Just my thoughts at this time.

Rob Allison

Hey Guys,

It is official even though I haven't talked with Elly in person. Many are running around Stanton with their arms up in the air wondering what happened. I guess Elly has been telling members that she has no plans to sell the club or break it up and then this happens. I seen this coming to be honest ... but hoped liked hell it was just my gut instinct telling some something that wasn't true.

I don't know the guy in the Hummer, but never heard a good thing about him. Many have had run-ins with him that were not pleasant to say the least.

I just feel sorry for all the people that have paid up memberships. You need to make sure you get your money back in full.

Each month is worth $29.17. As an example, if you have three months left on your current membership, you should be refunded $87.51 in full.

Just my thoughts at this time.

Rob Allison

Do you, or anyone else, know if Elly sold off ALL the 24k Rich Hill Claims?

Thanks in advance...This comes as a shock to me as someone who was VERY close to purchasing a membership.

Nathan

Hi all,

Went over to Tesoro in Prescott to get my Lobo Super Traq fixed at their factory (there service rocks)...

Went back though Yarnell ot rejoin the Weaver Mining District, so I will have a place to swing my detector at the AZO's outing this saturday.........

Went to Stanton to see the Minelab Dealer, as he carries Tesoro products....

When I arrived I heard the sad news about the 24K Club........

Dakota Slim is right (statement on nuggetshooter forum).....don't jump to conclusions until you hear the whole story......I heard there will be a meeting this week to answer questions..............(added 2-19-09 No meeting planned, just an e-mail)

wonderer

Hey Everyone,

I might have jumped the gun a bit, but had a lot of people calling me asking me what happened. Even thought I'm a Board Memeber, I heard the news from other members.

Guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Talk with you all later,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob...I finally met you, Dawnie and your staff in person at GPAA Treasure show last weekend. Great! We will continue to talk about more news with 24k Hunter club later. Yes, you are right about what is going on with your club. Because all people kept rumored untrue or true??? I am very confused. The 24k will have a meeting this week. However, I am unable to attend there due to Gold Roadrunner club activities. Please let me know what happening with your club. Thank you Rob. I appreciate it. Keep in touch!

Mark

Interesting news. I enjoyed my time on the 24k claims and all the new friends I have met during my many visits from Houston. I was hoping to spend some time on the Hill this summer.

It will be interesting to see what gets released at the Thursday meeting..

Please keep me in the loop.

Karl

Hey Everyone,

I might have jumped the gun a bit, but had a lot of people calling me asking me what happened. Even thought I'm a Board Memeber, I heard the news from other members.

Guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Talk with you all later,

Rob Allison

Rob, shame on Ellie for not telling the "board members" of major changes in your club. I know Ellie has health problems. I hope her well. But that is no reason for keeping members in the dark. Its not like its a big corporation that is trying to make all the money they can before their busted. Or is it??? I am sure she knew weeks ago what was in process. Why not let the members know, who invested time and money to help her do what kept the club afloat??

Elly sent out the email to members today. The facts are that 6 of the 9 Devils Nest claims have been sold and 31 other claims -- including 3 on the Devils Nest -- have not been sold but they are for sale. Members can continue to prospect on the remaining claims or request a refund of the unused portion of the fees they have paid.

boy that's the way it goes i know something was going to go wrong being how i have never won a thing in my life and when i finally did :D find the first nugget on the last push :o to receive a one year free membership :P:P out the window it went. this is starting to sound like a really bad :( country song LOL good luck to all

LON

I was really hopeing the rumor was wrong. According to Ellys' e-mail the Thurs. meeting is cancelled. Or did I miss read something?! My hubby & I only went to 4 pushes. Mostly to talk to Elly & watch our friends. We didn't have a detector till last month & haven't been out there since turkey day. One of her caretakers/security helpers were kind enough to lend us his backup detector on the pushes for awhile. We will never forget the kindness & helpfulness we were shown. In camp you would see people & they wouldn't bother w/you but the mornings of the pushes,everybody talked & laughed w/everybody. You were part of an elite club. We never did find a nugget or get to use our new 4000 but that is not what makes me sad. Will we really miss Elly & her smileing face, with her words of wisdom & her good cheer for everyone. If it wasn't for her & her club we would never have become "detectorists."

I receiver an E-mail from Elly, and Slim is right, six of the Devil's Nest claims have been sold.

I won't be part of the rumor mill so will let Elly explain the rest of the deal in detail, if she wants to.

I have had a lot of fun and met a lot of fine folks over there as well, and have taken quite a bit of gold from that area.

As a matter of fact a partner and I used to own three claims there before we sold them to Elly. And yes those claims did have gold on them, that's before I found it all, :lol: [wistful thinking] however Idid indeed take gold off them and I'm sure there is more left.

Bob T.

I hope you don't consider me a rumor mill. I did hear it & just asked.( which was generated from shock) I got my e-mail also & haven't mentioned one thing about it. We will truly miss elly & the pushes. I can't say enough great things about her &/or the good times we had even if we didn't get to go alot. I did say the buyer is a jerk but that is not a rumor either that is an opinion. I'm sorry I even started the post & won't ever do another one. Rob, it was nice to meet you @ the gold show. Good-bye.

Catlover,

I wasn't speaking too you, or about you, or about anyone else. Just a general statment about things that I have read and heard in person and on various forum's.

Usually from folks who have failed to gether all of the facts but still want to be heard.

Thinking back to yesterday, someone told me that there was no longer a club and that everything had been sold. I knew that was not the facts, at least at that time. Anyway that's how the rumor's get started.

Bob T.

• Admin

Hey Everyone,

I know when people hear bit and pieces rumors start. However, even though there might have been some rumors, for the most part the stuff was true. Claims did get sold and many people involved in the club are upset cause those were in my opinion the best claims in the club. The Devil's Nest was one of the richest areas on Rich Hill.

The other claims are up for sale, so I don't think the club will be around long.

I know I talked with a handful of people at the Gold Show that were excited to hit the pushes for the first time. They just joined and drove all the way from back east to try new metal detectors. I really feel sorry for these new members as they won't get a chance to see the pushes .... <_<

I heard the meeting got cancelled, but think that was probably a good idea. I'm sure the meeting would have been full of bitching and fighting.

Just my thoughts,

Rob Allison

Yo All...It's a pretty straight forward deal...Costs have gotten too heavy for the club to be self supporting and Ellie's pockets aren't that deep...Six of the Devil's Nest claims got sold, three left...Plus other claims, altogether totalling about 750 acres or so...The remaining claims are for sale, but members can hunt them until they are sold....Ellie's stated that members have the choice to hang in for the remaining claims or contact her for a refund (details of which I don't know)...I'll be editing my Rich Hill maps to bring them up to date accordingly...Cheers, U

I've edited my post because I had wrong info. I miss understood about the sale being final. What I was trying to do was to get the angry people blasting Miss Elly to focuss their energy somewhere else. We also wish her all the best & have told her she needs to take better care of herself & keep the dr.'s appts.!!!!

just a funny thought. Up above the pushes,working away moving boulders looking for gold & them all rolling down the hill bombarding the lower nest. :D:lol::spank: