Setting up signal enhancers

Can anyone recommend the best way to set up their signal enhancers ?

Do you have max volume on the amp and then adjust the final volume through the headphones or is another combination better?

I have ordered Doc's Goldscreamer and have Black Widow headphones...also running a new SD2200v2.

Thanks for any help,

Tony_

Can anyone recommend the best way to set up their signal enhancers ?

Do you have max volume on the amp and then adjust the final volume through the headphones or is another combination better?

I have ordered Doc's Goldscreamer and have Black Widow headphones...also running a new SD2200v2.

Thanks for any help,

Tony_

As a guideline I would start by volume about have way, slight threshold and adjust the Signal Enhancer form there..I never had to crank the signal enhancer all the way up before...With the Blackwidows you wont be able to get that far with the volume without overloading your ears! You will love the Blackwidows...I have a set...they rock!

As a guideline I would start by volume about have way, slight threshold and adjust the Signal Enhancer form there..I never had to crank the signal enhancer all the way up before...With the Blackwidows you wont be able to get that far with the volume without overloading your ears! You will love the Blackwidows...I have a set...they rock!

Guido,

Appreciate the response.... :rolleyes:

I'll use those settings as a starting point.

Thanks very much for helping out.

Tony (Australia)

Guido,

Appreciate the one and only response.... :rolleyes:

I'll use those settings as a starting point.

Thanks very much for helping out.

Tony (Australia)

Your welcome Tony...sorry you did not get the responses you were looking for...it rather puzzled me that no one else responded...maybe its not too late...I understand that this personal setting is a matter of preference, experience and hearing affected by age, but we have to start somewhere. Guido

Tony,

Guido's sparse directions are pretty much right on.

Not meaning to be patronizing, but I think you will

find if you just fool around with the signal enhancer

it is fairly easy to find settings that work for you.

Experiment.

Thats pretty much what most of us do

to find what suits our taste...I don't think there is

a wrong way, or if there is, your ears will tell you

if you test it...

Good luck,

Flak

Sorry guys, I have been out of the state with no internet access. So I couldn't address this question.

As has already been stated you will not be able to turn the signal amp up all the way, unless you want to blow your eardrums, however, very few people every utilize their signal enhancer to the full benefit. Here's the correct theory behind the signal amplifier.

The whole idea of a signal amplifier is to AMPLIFY the SIGNAL. So to that end, what you really want to try to do is get as much of an extreme between your threshold and a target sound. Nice quiet threshold, big booming target.

I recommend you start off with a really small nugget and lay it on the ground. Sweep over it, and turn the amp up until it sounds off. You will notice that your threshold volume increases too. But we want the threshold to be low, so adjust it down, and sweep over the nugget again, and increase the volume on the signal amplifier, adjust the threshold down. Keep up this adjustment until you have a nice quiet threshold and a little nugget that produces a signal that really wakes you up.

Remember the purpose of that Signal Enhancer is to help you find the nuggets you may have missed, the little quiet nuggets that might get covered up by a noisy threshold.

BCOT!

Doc

Sorry guys, I have been out of the state with no internet access. So I couldn't address this question.

As has already been stated you will not be able to turn the signal amp up all the way, unless you want to blow your eardrums, however, very few people every utilize their signal enhancer to the full benefit. Here's the correct theory behind the signal amplifier.

The whole idea of a signal amplifier is to AMPLIFY the SIGNAL. So to that end, what you really want to try to do is get as much of an extreme between your threshold and a target sound. Nice quiet threshold, big booming target.

I recommend you start off with a really small nugget and lay it on the ground. Sweep over it, and turn the amp up until it sounds off. You will notice that your threshold volume increases too. But we want the threshold to be low, so adjust it down, and sweep over the nugget again, and increase the volume on the signal amplifier, adjust the threshold down. Keep up this adjustment until you have a nice quiet threshold and a little nugget that produces a signal that really wakes you up.

Remember the purpose of that Signal Enhancer is to help you find the nuggets you may have missed, the little quiet nuggets that might get covered up by a noisy threshold.

BCOT!

Thanks Doc.....that information is priceless. I figured there would be a bit more to the adjustment than most users might realise.

The threshold/target audio that you describe is probably something that I would not have considered.

Can't wait for the Goldscreamer to get here and do some "screamin'".

Thanks,

Tony.