B.C. Canada goldfields info ?

Hi ,

I'm thinkin of taking a trip to Golden , BC Canada in a couple of months to see some friends . Thought I would take my detector along for a look too , but have no info about the old mining towns and associated areas of where to start looking for gold there . I've tried looking on the net but not much info there on the subject of gold in BC ? . Is there anyone out there who can help by at least pointing me in the right direction for finding info on old gold fields in that area of BC , or failing that , any other areas of BC also , as I am willing to travel to see some of the goldfields while there . Any help would be much appreciated .

Regards

Simon. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi ,

I'm thinkin of taking a trip to Golden , BC Canada in a couple of months to see some friends . Thought I would take my detector along for a look too , but have no info about the old mining towns and associated areas of where to start looking for gold there . I've tried looking on the net but not much info there on the subject of gold in BC ? . Is there anyone out there who can help by at least pointing me in the right direction for finding info on old gold fields in that area of BC , or failing that , any other areas of BC also , as I am willing to travel to see some of the goldfields while there . Any help would be much appreciated .

Regards

Hi Simon... another forum you might want to try is the Cariboo Prospectors forum at this location

http://cariboogoldminersasociation.yuku.com/

I'm there as jjbond, looking forward to hearing how your luck was here in beautiful BC.

Jennifer

By the Way Jennifer. welcome to Rob's Nuggethunting forum. Rob would welcome you himself, however, it is probably his turn for the 4 am feeding.

We have already informally met over the phone. But I think you will find most of the folks here are friendly and helpful.

As a matter of fact I think we have a few LEO's or retired LEO's here as well. Most of them don't advertise the fact. But quite a few people involved in Law Enforcement are involved in Metal Detecting. (Jennifer has been involved in Law Enforcement in a couple of jurisdictions.) I said involved "IN" not involved "WITH" like most of us guys.

Grubstake, that little incident involving the bar room brawl with the two midgets, the nun, 3 strippers and a cage fighter, that is being involved WITH Law Enforcement, not "IN" Law Enforcement; just so we have that clear.

The ones who are not cops or former cops, carry guns anyway. You won't find too many liberals, or vegetarians here.

Just good ol' boys. Jennifer, I don't want to embarrass you, but next to Dawnie, me, Uncle Ron, Grubstake and Shep, you might be the next best lookin' prospector we've seen on this forum.

There is a wealth of information here, so please feel free to ask questions, someone will answer you, or at least make up a story that sounds plausible. :rolleyes:

BCOT!

Doc

Hi Simon... another forum you might want to try is the Cariboo Prospectors forum at this location

http://cariboogoldminersasociation.yuku.com/

I'm there as jjbond, looking forward to hearing how your luck was here in beautiful BC.

Jennifer

Hey DOC I thought I was the film star here yet I didn't get a mention in the good looking stakes you old flirt :spank: . Jennifer I'm glad you were able to hook up with a real gentleman of the bush, DOC comes across all wrinkly but he's a soft old gizzard at heart (I say that because he is probably packing a gun and knows how to aim it!!! :wacko: )

BTW Jennifer if you want the best detector suspension thingy since the invention of the Bra look DOC up on one of his "Qweegee" bungee systems, couple this with an all American made Hip Stick and you have better support than a high tensile wire wrapped bra. :blush:

JP

Jonathan, I considered you as being in a different league than the rest of the afore mentioned. I mean with you being a movie star and all. I thought it might be presumtuous of me to put us up there amongst the likes of a star of film, video and the Outback. I was just talking about the good lookin' people on here, not the handsome suave and debonair.

However we are delighted to include you amongst our elite good looking group. :blink: Anyone else I forgot to add to our list of good lookin' people on here please let me know. My list was not all inclusive, just representative of some of the fine looking examples of male prospector specimens that grace this forum. :wacko:

Doc

Hey DOC I thought I was the film star here yet I didn't get a mention in the good looking stakes you old flirt :spank: . Jennifer I'm glad you were able to hook up with a real gentleman of the bush, DOC comes across all wrinkly but he's a soft old gizzard at heart (I say that because he is probably packing a gun and knows how to aim it!!! :wacko: )

BTW Jennifer if you want the best detector suspension thingy since the invention of the Bra look DOC up on one of his "Qweegee" bungee systems, couple this with an all American made Hip Stick and you have better support than a high tensile wire wrapped bra. :blush:

JP

DOC my aim it to emulate you as much as possible so that eventually I too can have such a fine head of hair and a sex drive to match. :blush: I think you are right all the crusty prospecting types frequenting Robs forum are a damn fine bunch of strapping good looking males who would be honored to have Jennifer as a team member. :rolleyes:

Once again thanks for the kind words and allowing me to be included in your group, it is appreciated. :lol::wub:

JP

EMULATE? Ain't that what you say to one of those big ostrich looking birds you got over there when they don't show up on time?

Doc

DOC my aim it to emulate you as much as possible so that eventually I too can have such a fine head of hair and a sex drive to match. :blush: I think you are right all the crusty prospecting types frequenting Robs forum are a damn fine bunch of strapping good looking males who would be honored to have Jennifer as a team member. :rolleyes:

Once again thanks for the kind words and allowing me to be included in your group, it is appreciated. :lol::wub:

JP

By the Way Jennifer. welcome to Rob's Nuggethunting forum. Rob would welcome you himself, however, it is probably his turn for the 4 am feeding.

We have already informally met over the phone. But I think you will find most of the folks here are friendly and helpful.

As a matter of fact I think we have a few LEO's or retired LEO's here as well. Most of them don't advertise the fact. But quite a few people involved in Law Enforcement are involved in Metal Detecting. (Jennifer has been involved in Law Enforcement in a couple of jurisdictions.) I said involved "IN" not involved "WITH" like most of us guys.

The ones who are not cops or former cops, carry guns anyway. You won't find too many liberals, or vegetarians here.

Doc

Hi all, sorry that I did not reply earlier, I just noticed this post, it appears that I had neglected to enable "Enable email notification of replies" so I had no idea this post was here.

Thanks Doc, I much appreciate the warm welcome and the introduction as well as the great transaction on JP's DVD's. Hi everyone.... I look forward to sharing lots of great finds and learning lots from you all. I've already realized that the community is very friendly and helpful, very similar to some of the Ham (Amateur) radio folks I've known. I use to live in Arizona, in Fountain Hills (no I'm not related to Sheriff Joe) and in North Phoenix near I-17 and Thunderbird (yes I did keep my .40 handy) ;) I moved down there from Canada and Washington State to spend some time with Phoenix PD, sadly whilst I was there we lost two officers and after much research into various "features" of the dept, I determined that PPD wasn't the dept. that I wanted to give my life for (I'm not a big fan of depts. who's policy forces an officer to go to a DV call without a backup because there are not enough officers on the street but that's another story).. anywooodles, Doc's correct, I've played with handcuffs a few times in my life (RCMP and Washington State).. GASP... :P They're not half as much fun as OC though... :spank:

But now, I'm back in a safe job, setting explosives on overhead power lines via helicopter to clear birds and loving it (joking, I work in IT Compliance and Risk Mitigation for a small airplane company based in Seattle) :girl: and I spend the rest of my time reading this forum and the Minelab Owners forums and traveling to Australia on a regular basis.

Anywooodles.... thanks again for the warm welcomes everyone, sorry if I have not replied to any other threads that I didn't get notifications on, I'll have to check my posts and turn on that "track this post" flag.

Jennifer

JP

Thanks JP, already written down in my notes from watching the vid... 2" down from the shoulder mate... 18" for me...had I not had the breast reduction, I'd have been ordering two extra for, as Bett Midler once called it, an "Over the shoulder bolder holder"

Jen

That's an EMU Mate!!! :blush: When an EMU's late mate watch out :wacko: , or as the song used to go, "hope your chooks turn into EMUs and kick your dunny down". :spank:

JP

You're givin me flashbacks JP chook/chuck... everytime I show one of my American or Canadian mates the movie Muriel's Wedding I get the same question, what the hell's a chook... :)

The Porpoise Spit portion of the movie was filmed in Coolangatta just before I moved to the GC and whenever I watch it, I get home sick... what a great movie.

Jen

Doc, your right, we are prob. the best looking guys, on the forum. I used to drive longhaul in Alberta alot, I have made the trip to Ft. McMuray alot and a couple of times to Yellowknife. but that was back in the 70's and 80's fun times, hell one of my ex-wives was from Edmonton. Grubstake

Doc, I guess you kind of noticed, I don't post as much as I used to. Truth is, since that last big heart attack I had in June of last year, took the wind out of my sails, I bet I haven't gone detecting more than 6-8 times since then. And only for an hour or two. When the helicoptered me down to Fresno, I was clincicly dead on arival, then they got me started again, sent me to the cath lab and put two more stents in me for a total of 9 now, I went tICU, I flat lined again, they got me started. I spent 4 days in there, and it was like one too me. That and the stroke I had in April of last year, just kind of wiped me out. This year, I have been spending more time in bed, than detecting, and running back and forth to the DRS, alot. But I'm finally getting my oldself back, In fact! My uncles coming over tomarrow and were going out for a few hours of detecting. I sure wish we could hit a sweet spot like we had. Grubstake

I think you are right all the crusty prospecting types frequenting Robs forum are a damn fine bunch of strapping good looking males who would be honored to have Jennifer as a team member.

JP

Ahhhh shucks, thanks JP (hands behind my back, looking down, blushing and kicking the dirt with the tip of my shoe)

:blush:

Jennifer

Just what I needed at the start of a new day, thanks for the laughs Jennifer. :blush: Watching good old Parkinson cop a pummeling was funny as. :lol:

JP

Figured you'd get a kick out of that... I loved that show... (now I'm aging myself)..

By the way JP, have you returned the crane that you used to pull that 21 ounce'r out of that huge hole... :blink: DAMN..(watching that video now).. that was quite a hole, I kept expecting to see a Chinese guy stick his head out. The best part was when your daughter yells (after you pulled it out of the ground) "Check the hole Dad, check the hole"... you're trained them well JP... haaa.. love it.

Jen

Hey DOC I thought I was the film star here yet I didn't get a mention in the good looking stakes you old flirt

JP

JP

You might be the star of the show B) but Frieda's cameo's in your DVD's are awesome.... I cracked up listening to her winge about how she can't drop her dirt on the top of her open top mono coil. Josh and Timmy are great..they were more interested in "Chicken Nuggets" from McDonalds than Gold nuggets.. Timmy is hardly as tall as the detector shaft is long but swings it like a champ.

More Frieda and kids in the next set.. hooora hoora hooora. :D

Jennifer (or as I tend to be called by Aussies even though my ex husband called me it and it sends chills (bad) down my spine)... Jenny. :rolleyes:

Hi ,

Regards

Hi Kiwinugget,

Here is a boook you can try and get Gold Creeks and Ghost Towns by N.L. Barlee. If you are here in the great white north try the Barkerville area for places to go. The Cariboo Mining Association should get you some contacts for that area. You have my permission on my claims for any detecting or panning if you like.

As for Doc and JP you guys will just have to come to Canada to meet with Jennifer. I already live in Vancouver. Hi Jennifer welcome to the board.

We know the movie stars on the board but Doc you could be a super star if you post your video of the procedure???

Cheers to All,

John