Yesterdays little nuggets

I recently got an 8" commander from Rob and decided to give it a try yesterday in some "hammered spots". I found 5 nuggets and the total weight only came to 1.14 grams. The smallest was only 1.8 grains!!! It is the smallest nugget I have ever found w/4500. Two nugs with GB OFF Sens Extra.

Pics coming

• Admin

Hey DigDeep,

Congrats on the new nugget additions. Kind of funny how some people say the Minelab's wont find small gold. :girl: Just goes to show that if you have a small Mono coil and set up your metal detector to target small gold, you can find them down to under a grain in size at or near the surface.

I know I have hundreds of them here that I found over the last couple of years with the GPX-4000 and GPX-4500 that are under 2 grains in size. Smallest is about 0.7 grains and found right on top of the exposed bedrock with a Coiltek Joey Mono Searchcoil.

Looking forward to seeing pictures.

P.S. Took a customer out from Blythe, Ca this weekend. He is looking for other guys that hunt S. Cali., so I told him to contact you.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey DigDeep,

Congrats on the new nugget additions. Kind of funny how some people say the Minelab's wont find small gold. :girl: Just goes to show that if you have a small Mono coil and set up your metal detector to target small gold, you can find them down to under a grain in size at or near the surface.

I know I have hundreds of them here that I found over the last couple of years with the GPX-4000 and GPX-4500 that are under 2 grains in size. Smallest is about 0.7 grains and found right on top of the exposed bedrock with a Coiltek Joey Mono Searchcoil.

Looking forward to seeing pictures.

P.S. Took a customer out from Blythe, Ca this weekend. He is looking for other guys that hunt S. Cali., so I told him to contact you.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob, yea send him my way, If he doesn't already know his way around the so cal goldfields I would be happy to show him some areas.

DigDeep