When you have a lot of beach and little time

This is not necessarily a post about prospecting, but I had to share with you guys and gals what one of my customers has done with the SD2200d V2 and a Mother Ship Coiltek 20 X 40 coil. He beach hunts in Florida looking for Spanish Coins and jewelry of course. He uses the SD2200d and the Mother to cover massive amounts of beach. He said when other people come to detect and see what he is doing they just can't believe his set up. They have told him they are so jealous and it seems like they are working too hard just swinging a little coil. You can see he keeps the SD2200d high in the air, and covered top protect it from ocean spray. Then he carries his Excalibur along to use it to pin point and quickly discriminate.

He says he actually can do a pretty good job of pinpointing with the Mother Ship he just pin points off the left or right edge. He says sometimes he has to dig down 12 inches or so before the Excalibur even can get close enough to give him a target signal or a null, that's how deep the 2200 and MS are going.

Pretty ingenius.

BCOT!

Doc

Doc,

I have hunted on those beaches.

The coins that he is looking for - the ones from the 1715 fleet - are sometimes

many feet, even yards under the sand.

Only in hurricanes or large storm surges do they come within range of most detectors.

I know you probably know that, but in case others are interested.

Flak

under those sandy beaches are some pretty rugged and jagged rocks that catch (much like bedrock does gold) rings and jewelry, coins, clumps of silver dollars, and all sorts of other trash that may prove lucrative elsewhere. The best time to look is when the storms are raging, or sonn after, when the sand is moved from the beach and rocks enough to offer some reachable recoveries.

Laguna Beach, Dana Point, Cayucos, Pismo, Malibu, Pt Mugu, La Jolla-- all sorts of rough spits, even the old spa near Portuguese Bend at San Pedro/Rolling Hills.

We may not know the potential for pinpointing with the dude's rig, but it's big enough to sit on and have a cooler of cold beer right beside, and a portable grill, easy to roll along the sand, and always some place that conversation will likely happen- either some geezer looking for a hobby, or a lass in a bikini wanting to study some male that has a potential gig towards happiness and leisure, along with hopeful disposable income.

Maybe it works, maybe not, but I see the perfect excuse to spend time at the beach while letting other people wonder how they could find some plausible excuse to be there every day or week as well. The only thing better would be to maybe convert it to a chain drive with a battery/solar power and an electric motor. .

This is not necessarily a post about prospecting, but I had to share with you guys and gals what one of my customers has done with the SD2200d V2 and a Mother Ship Coiltek 20 X 40 coil. He beach hunts in Florida looking for Spanish Coins and jewelry of course.

Doc

Introducing the Triple C, the CCC, the Cajun Coiltek Combo..... :rolleyes:

Does he hook it up to that mower in the back of the picture?

Pretty wild looking.

Jen

Knowing my customer, if he can figure out a way to do it, and if they would let him drive it on the beach I am sure he would.

Doc

Introducing the Triple C, the CCC, the Cajun Coiltek Combo..... :rolleyes:

Does he hook it up to that mower in the back of the picture?

Pretty wild looking.

Jen