Godzilla - The Biggest Coiltek Coil Ever Made

I don't know if I ever posted this before. However, Trevor once took on a challenge to see just how big a coil he could make for a bloke. Well the result was GODZILLA, or GODZIRRA for all of you who speak Chinese.

This is the foam core before it was fitted with a plastic formed outer shell.

Now Trevor is over 6 feet, so as you can see this is a pretty impressive coil. And no it is not available commercially and will not be, and we are not accepting special orders.

But just think of the time you could save. You go out prospecting, swing the coil once, get back in the car and go home. I don't know this to be the case but I am going to take a wild guess that this coil takes a little practice to pinpoint with. :lol:

BCOT!

Doc

Looks about exactly twice the length of the Mother Ship at 80" or 6' 8". Also looks like a DD. Did it Ground Balance and work properly? Or was it a lemon? Hey it is in the shape of a lemon too or should I say a lime, heheha!

I think it was a prototype 36" round with a trolley I used in 2001 that would not work properly and did could not balance on my 2200 and had to be run in one channel. I found one brass shell casing and gave up on it.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I only seen one guy use a larger coil on a trolley in person. It was up in Nevada and they were trying to locate new patches. He said they didn't find any gold or patches at the time, but the GP3500 and Mothership coil was running very stable. He said the key was to make sure everything was secure and tightly wrapped to elliminate false signals.

Didn't even notice if the coil was DD or Mono.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Guys,

I only seen one guy use a larger coil on a trolley in person. It was up in Nevada and they were trying to locate new patches. He said they didn't find any gold or patches at the time, but the GP3500 and Mothership coil was running very stable. He said the key was to make sure everything was secure and tightly wrapped to elliminate false signals.

Didn't even notice if the coil was DD or Mono.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Who Built this one?

keen20digger.jpg

Looks almost painful and awkward to use,

despite all the work to design and put the

contraption together.

I would think that the coil should run cross

wise to what this one is. The operator

would have to take very short steps in order

to avoid stepping on the coil.

Thats just my take on it, any hoo...

~LARGO~

That was a beauty alright!

The coil balanced well and was quite stable in the workshop considering its size.

I do not know if this is true but the user of this coil claimed to find a seven (7) ouncer with the coil however we did get the coil back once to do a repair. I never heard from him again after that so I do not know what happened to the coil or the prospector.

I wouldn't think a coil that big would handle the ground very well unless it very mild and consistent, but it did work with the 2100's inhouse.

The old owner of Coiltek was not impressed I made that coil but it was fun...

The white coil on the end of the pipe contraption was our first elliptical drag coils we made. I think Doc called them the 'ZULU SHIELD'.

Good one for finding that Doc...

Trev

No ZULU Shield is what John Kah called them, I always called them the Mother Ship, because Coiltek had just prior to that come out with the coil that I named the UFO, so the next logical name for a coil that big, same shape was the Mother Ship.

I think I have named every coil Coiltek has ever designed. Starting with the WOT coil, then the Joey, Platypus, Pocket Rocket, Gold Stalker, etc. We have a great partnership Trevor makes them, I name them.

I was trying to find that newspaper article that John B. sent me regarding using the Mother Ship to locate a significant historical find related to the Spanish Trail. I think I forwarded it to you Trev.

Doc

That was a beauty alright!

The coil balanced well and was quite stable in the workshop considering its size.

I do not know if this is true but the user of this coil claimed to find a seven (7) ouncer with the coil however we did get the coil back once to do a repair. I never heard from him again after that so I do not know what happened to the coil or the prospector.

I wouldn't think a coil that big would handle the ground very well unless it very mild and consistent, but it did work with the 2100's inhouse.

The old owner of Coiltek was not impressed I made that coil but it was fun...

The white coil on the end of the pipe contraption was our first elliptical drag coils we made. I think Doc called them the 'ZULU SHIELD'.

Good one for finding that Doc...

Trev