Sound Enhancer Mounting Plate

I have to admit...I never did like the way the Sound Enhancer just slapped on to the side of the detector. It seems like a sloppy way to mount it, with this setup you can put a more form fitting cover on the control box without the small enhancer wreaking the smooth lines of the box and it is MUCH easier to adjust your dial for fine tuning. The first picture is of the plate made of aluminum cut to fit the Enhancer, bent to configure to the cuff side of your choice, bead blasted and painted flat black. Just remove the two bolts that hold the detector control box in place, slip on the new mounting bracket, reinstall the nylon bolts, adhere Velcro on the new plate, install Enhancer and your off to the races...Naturally the latest generation GPX don't really need an Enhancer, but the older units defiantly do! I will be conducting field trials if not this weekend the one after...I don't really see a problem so far with it at this time, Just like to share ideas! Guido...

post-21178-1253856667_thumb.jpg

post-21178-1253856682_thumb.jpg

post-21178-1253856689_thumb.jpg

post-21178-1253856696_thumb.jpg

post-21178-1253859223_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys. Guido...

Guido,

I notice in the pictures you posted, that you have the straight shaft with the Gold Button. Did you do the mod for the GB yourself, or did someone else? Besides the signal enhancer, do you use the pocket rocket system? If so, it it similarly mounted? I've got a SD2200V2 and have been emailing Rob Allison about straight shaft, GB, and signal enhancers. In this economy, I'm trying to upgrade only what's necessary, and so far I've only gotten the pocket rocket system. Thanks.

h20prospector

Looks good for the signal enhanser Guido....Real clean ! Im sceptical on the Pocket rocket not being protected ..... I wish I had a 2200D...

H20prospector : I wouldnt call the gold button an "upgrade" Meaning it is not enhansing the performance of the detector or anything. It is a kick ass luxury though B) Being able to ground balace on the fly might increase your chances of finding something though, mainly because you will spend more time balancing ground & detecting. The Pocket Rocket was a really good decision

This jerk over on American Gold Prospectors wrote a nice "how to" on the Gold Button for the 2200V2.

The article is in the library here at http://arizonagoldprospectors.com/library/ just scroll down a couple articles and you will see it.

Guido,

I notice in the pictures you posted, that you have the straight shaft with the Gold Button. Did you do the mod for the GB yourself, or did someone else? Besides the signal enhancer, do you use the pocket rocket system? If so, it it similarly mounted? I've got a SD2200V2 and have been emailing Rob Allison about straight shaft, GB, and signal enhancers. In this economy, I'm trying to upgrade only what's necessary, and so far I've only gotten the pocket rocket system. Thanks.

h20prospector

Hello H20 prospector..Yes; I did the G/B mod myself...I bought the smart points and drilled into the box and installed a strait stock smart point and bought the green button handle to finish it off. By the way I do have extra smart points...I do use the Pocket Rocket battery and I have not installed it as such with the mounting plate. I made a total of six mounting plates and I will see how this would all works out. There should be no problems with the Enhancer, but the pocket Rocket will prove a challenge. I will try to install two plate on one detector control box and see how the system works together. I will send a picture of it soon.

Update...the latest photos include the pocket rocket in two styles...a 45 degree angle and 90 degree...the 45 seems feels better and holds more firmly to the Velcro. Also, having two plates on at the same time on each side is turning into an ergo problem swinging it around trying not to hit or turn the sound enhancer control dial. I recommend one plate only! Guido...

post-21178-1253941738_thumb.jpg

post-21178-1254275902_thumb.jpg

As you can see between the first two pictures the enhancer mounting plates are at different angles. A green cuff is more flush and a black cuff has a steel button in the way that requires the angle of the plate to be different. The third picture is of the finished product! It's smoken...The fourth picture is a mod of nylon spacers installed to clear a black cuff mount angle without re bending the plate to make it work. Guido

post-21178-1254013961_thumb.jpg

post-21178-1254013981_thumb.jpg

post-21178-1254281701_thumb.jpg

post-21178-1254282216_thumb.jpg

Dear Father Sarducci,

That is just about one of the slickest little modifications I have ever seen. Very simple, very functional. Seems like the most useful things are very simple, but well thought out and executed.

Happy Birthday!

Doc

Dear Father Sarducci,

That is just about one of the slickest little modifications I have ever seen. Very simple, very functional. Seems like the most useful things are very simple, but well thought out and executed.

Happy Birthday!

Doc

Thanks Doc! Coming from a Minelab equipment man that's a great compliment. thanks for the birthday greet too! Guido