4000 switch up grade

Just want to say, that I sent my GPX4000 into Minelab USA in Vegas, and got it back today, it works fine, Thanks to Trina Bonney, She got right on the problem and air shipped it back to me overnight, I'm very pleased so far. My thanks to her and Minelab. Grubstake PS I want to thank DOC too, he had a hand in this also. All is fine at Minelab now, Grubstake

I hope so Mike, I got Sandtrap and Pondmn coming, I promised sandtrap I would teach him how to run his 4000 the way we do up here, in this bad soil. He's going to stay until Friday and will be here in the morning. were going to hunt three different places, One by boat on Thrusday, and two pretty close ones tomarrow and Friday. there all producers, so I have high hopes. Grubstake. Pondmn has a virgin 4500 he just got, so he will be learning all over again tooo.

I hope so Mike, I got Sandtrap and Pondmn coming, I promised sandtrap I would teach him how to run his 4000 the way we do up here, in this bad soil. He's going to stay until Friday and will be here in the morning. were going to hunt three different places, One by boat on Thrusday, and two pretty close ones tomarrow and Friday. there all producers, so I have high hopes. Grubstake. Pondmn has a virgin 4500 he just got, so he will be learning all over again tooo.

Hi Gary,

Glad to hear you got some nice stuff from ML. All the hard times you have been going through this

year, its nice to hear that something good finally came your way.

I hope you can get out and find some of those golden goodies with your upgraded 4000. I need to send my 4000 in to have the switch replaced, but thus far it has only shut off once, and I had to reboot it and it took off. Not sure why it quit on me.

I'm headed over to the air base pharmacy on my bike to pick up some meds tomorrow, if they will let on the base. Since I took up riding big ole motorcicles, I haven't thought too much about not finding gold. Never thought that would happen...

Have a good day!

Gary/Largo

Gary, you better watch out on those bikes, I've owned 8 in my life, never took a spill, but the other nuts on the road is who you have to watch out for. Take care, don't get hurt. Send that 4000 in while there still doing the up-grade. you'll need it sooner or later. Grubstake

Guest sandtrap

Up here at China Lake Naval Air Weapons Station, you have to take classes before being allowed on base- not sure about other bases.

Lots of Luck.; might want to call, first !

Glad I could help in what ever way I could Gary.

I don't have any special pull at Minelab they treat all of their dealers and customers equally. I guess the only thing I have going for me is that because I go by Minelab twice a day they get tired of seeing me so whatever they can do to keep me away. :rolleyes:

Doc

Well what ever it was you did Doc, it was good, we went detecting today, I got a 1.3 DWT. nugget and the other two Jerry's got the skunk, were hitting the same spot tomarrow. Maybe we will all score. Thanks agin for your attention to the matter. Grubstake

Nope thats not the up grade, I'm talking about the push button on/off switch for the detector, they had problems with some so they changed them to a toggle switch. Here's picture of the nugget cleaned, its only 1.2 DWT after washing. Grubstake

Found with a 18.5 inch mono Gldstalker coil at 8 inches.

Yeh, it is DOC, we all got the skunk today, but we have one more place and one more day, for us all to hunt, Sandtrap was like you, He said how do you guys hunt in this Sh**? meaning the buck brush. It ain't easy. but thats where the gold is. Ha! Ha! Grubstake

Grubstake, Sandtrap and myself had a good couple of days hunting although Grubstake was the only one to scratch a nugget out of the trash. My back got the best of me after digging a can lid at two feet and numerous other targets to include bullets up to that depth. I am really impressed with the 4500 and its capabilities. Grubstake and Sandtrap headed out today for another hunt to try and add more to their pokes. Hope they score. Jerry

Well Sandtrap and I both got skunked today, sandtrap couldn't make it up the little hill we climing, he fell and said that was it, we hunted for around 30 minutes and then came out, he found out, that hunting buck brush, was not like hunting the open desert, and you have to walk quite a bit. He's use to driving getting out detecting and then driving to another spot, it doen't work that way here, your fighting brush, pioson oak, fallen limbs off of trees. Not much open ground. but we had fun. Grubstake

Guest sandtrap

C'mon, I tried to keep up with you, you mountain goat! With all the operations to my legs, I guess I'm meant to be a flat earth beeper. I'll try again, if the offer still holds,after I lose about 40 lbs., and bring 200 feet of knotted rope to climb those mountains, that you call.. HILLS !! Thanks for the fine hospitality; no gold ,but nice friends !!!

I'm Glad you made it home ok!, you must have flown, yep, detecting up here is really different than what most folks thing its going to be like. Lots of brush, tree's more brush, tall grass, lots of junk, to dig. It was a pleasure to have you up here Jerry. I know you have to be tired. Grubstake

Guest sandtrap

Stopped at PCSC outing near Randsburg on way home. ;will treat them to donuts in the morning, and take one of my deep cycle batteries for a guy to use while there. his was dead(dry). They have quite a crowd there. A little more friendship,, before having to go back to work next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...