I'm finally a Grandpa !

After 39 years of marriage with two sons, and a daughter, the oldest son being 31, he and my daughter-in-law had their first baby and our first Grandchild.

They named him Rhett. He is 7 lbs 7 ounces

They did things the old fashion way, they didn't want to know the sex until the baby was born.

First baby and my daughter-in-law did natural child birth and popped that baby out in 4 hours and 40 minutes.

I'm a happy old Grandpa!

Doc

Congratulations DOC! I'm 15 up on you, but there's nothing like the first! by the time he gets old enough to detect, the GPX SUPER 11000 will be out and do everything, even dig for you! Ha! Ha! Grubstake

And just so you'll know, knowing sex first, then the baby gets here>

Congratualtions, Doc...Beautiful baby boy...Looks like a nugget shooter to me!!!!! ... It's amazing how it happens...Just a few years ago I couldn't relate to all those ol' grampas and now I have four beautiful grand babies... Three girls and 1 boy.. . Strange for an ol' hippy commie pinko flower freak com right wing radical anti-social gun tote'n , etc., to be so in love with this bunch of little kids--Bailey, Ava, Madison & Ronan (who had the great good fortune of inheriting his grandpa's awesome good looks and features)--That's wonderful and anyone can see Rhett's ready to go beepster with Grandpa in less than 36 months ... Again, Congrats, and many more ...Cheers, Unc

Yes, I held him within minutes of his birth. I sure hope he doesn't get his Grandpa's nose. A little secret, if you connect those age spots on my bald head, it reveals a map to a lost gold field with nuggets as big as your fist.

This baby makes the craziest faces. I don't know if the face he is making here is because Grandpa farted, or Rhett crapped his diaper. Or, given my age, maybe I crapped my diaper? :blush:

Doc

OK,DOC! Did you get to hold your grandson yet? cute little guy. Grubstake