I'm still around, just really busy

• Admin

Hello All,

In the last week or so I've received about a dozen emails and several PM's asking about where I've been. Well, trust me I'm always around, but not in one spot for too long! :lol: No, really it's just been really busy for Rob's Detector Sales, my Wife and I. We now have the new addition, our Baby Girl, but beyond that we have the same stuff; work, running the business, packing orders up, school and the daily tasks. It's a lot for a small "Mom n' Pop" shop, but Minelab just recently told us that we have moved from the Top 10 US dealers to the Top 5 US dealers! Pretty good achievement for my Wife and I since we don't even advertise like all the other dealers that are in the Top 10 rating do. No advertising in magazines, no outing, only a few gold shows, but still can maintain such a high rating from Minelab. :wub:

I've always been working on some outside mining projects, claims, field instructions and a bit of nuggetshooting myself. It's always nice when you can go out and find a few gold nuggets to add to your poke.

Here are some recent finds we picked up in a day's worth of nuggethunting the Arizona Goldfields. Just less than 1 1/4 ounce worth of nugget gold all found with the Minelab GPX-4500's and Goldstalker 14-inch Mono Searchcoils.

Wishing you all a Happy Holiday Season.

Rob Allison

Yep them babies can take a lot of time up that is for sure, but I love both of mine to death. I can't wait until they are old enough to go out in the field with me. My son will be three in March and my daughter just turned five in September. They love gold though, everytime I bring it home they try to grab it before the other. If my son gets it, he will try and put it in his mouth before I daughter can grab it from his hands. My wife now makes me just keep it in the garage so there isn't a big crying mess over the gold. Well glad to hear your up in the top 5 of Minelab sales, that is a lot of word to mouth and quick shipping right there.

• Admin

Hey Nuggetslayer and Lucky,

I really owe it all to you guys that have supported me over the years. You might not have personally bought a Minelab from me, but have purchased a variety of other accessories from me. Hopefully, someday I can get your Minelab support! Hahaha .... :wub:

Thanks for the comments.

Rob Allison

Hello All,

In the last week or so I've received about a dozen emails and several PM's asking about where I've been. Well, trust me I'm always around, but not in one spot for too long! :lol: No, really it's just been really busy for Rob's Detector Sales, my Wife and I. We now have the new addition, our Baby Girl, but beyond that we have the same stuff; work, running the business, packing orders up, school and the daily tasks. It's a lot for a small "Mom n' Pop" shop, but Minelab just recently told us that we have moved from the Top 10 US dealers to the Top 5 US dealers! Pretty good achievement for my Wife and I since we don't even advertise like all the other dealers that are in the Top 10 rating do. No advertising in magazines, no outing, only a few gold shows, but still can maintain such a high rating from Minelab. :wub:

I've always been working on some outside mining projects, claims, field instructions and a bit of nuggetshooting myself. It's always nice when you can go out and find a few gold nuggets to add to your poke.

Here are some recent finds we picked up in a day's worth of nuggethunting the Arizona Goldfields. Just less than 1 1/4 ounce worth of nugget gold all found with the Minelab GPX-4500's and Goldstalker 14-inch Mono Searchcoils.

Rob Allison

Nice Gold Ron, I guess you found that near where I was beeping. Congratulations. Doug

Hello All,

Rob Allison

Nice Gold Ron, I guess you found that near where I was beeping. Congratulations. Doug

Hi Rob:

Here's my question: Why not advertise?

You do great with your existing customers and the guys who know you through the forums, so why keep it a secret?

Lots of dealers do advertise - Doc advertises and certainly no one thinks any less of Doc because he does that - its just normal practice.

If you do this well with no advertisement, imagine how well you could do with it! Just about every retail business advertises - they cant be all wrong!

Chris

The way I see it if you do the advertising 'trick' you all of a sudden get more than you can handle and that means hire help. Adding help means that you have all kinds of costs and problems that you did not have before. You also have more government intervention.

In a case where a person is working a full time job and running a part time business and you begin advertising and doing well then maybe they should consider quitting the full time job and devoting all their time to the growing business instead of hiring help.

But in a case where a person has a lucrative or perky full time job where he/she has some seniority, good benefits, vacation time etc and really does like what they are doing maybe they'll want to stay with it and hire help as needed.

One last point, if you expand the business then maybe it would require larger quarters, more rent or buy?

I tend to think small, efficient and "next truck out" shipping is best.

My 2 cents,

LeRoy

Very good point Leroy.

More to it is any company that has the money can advertise, and yes you might get more profit for the time being. Now my experience is different into getting into metal detecting, I'm still waiting for my first Metal detector being it a GP 3500 ( sorry couldn't get anything new due to budget at this time and availability as its International) but the first person that comes to my mind is Rob for extra accessories. Not only that he comes to mind because he can sell me what I want, but actually advising me what i need. I have no experience whatsoever in the hobby, but feel content that someone will back me up.

Its more to after sales. Yes we all get those promises from the best companies in the world, but does it really work? when you need them! This forum actually got me into just researching how things work so i can help some people out in my country. 3 days later everyone here tried to help with no expectations. 2 weeks later I wanted to buy a metal detector for myself. Truth is, I was surprised and all I wanted is to practice this new hobby which i found so interesting due to people here.

But my point is, I'd rather join a Group who love what they do because they do, rather than a sales man promising me the impossible and make it seem easy. One thing i honestly think about, which is also important! is for instance: If Rob is too busy at any given day, I still have people here who will still help me, now if things get rusty, I can still reach the owner of the place by a message. Don't know if thats the way it normally works in the States, but for you to even talk to the owner of the place, you would need to pass the employee crew to get your view or complaint through.

People who can actually follow their own Forum is a blessing to me, otherwise you can just talk to a monthly salaried person who is just waiting to go home when the clock hits 5, and you can't complain about it, cuz at the end you need them.

This forum is where i got advice to the last second into buying my Detector (Thanks to Grubstake) and this Forum is where I'll be willing to spend money as it will give me my moneys worth. Every person i speak to wheather public and many PM, have all been giving me the advice to speak to Rob and deal with Rob.

Now tell me which Advertisement is better than mouth? Allways will be the best and any sane person will think so

oh and to also add, don't forget Google (people's way of life now and the best word of mouth) Now type anything in Google about how you want to know about metal detectors, and see where it will mostly lead you? It won't lead to adverts only! keep in mind i'm just talking International and according to IP adresses, so don't know what results you getting out there :blink: Congrats to your new addition Baby Girl, Mom & Pop and regards to all. Health, Family, Success & wealth to all of you.

Edited by AMD

Hi Rob, That's a great accomplishment to be #5 in the US - keep up the great work. Would love to get to Az. next yr. but not sure it's gonna happen.

Take care, stay safe and watch your back and keep on beeping - Frosty

AMD, one thing I'll add also, is if you don't need it ROB will be the first one to tell you, also His pretty wife Dawnie will handle it when Robs not available, and you will get first rate service and shipping. + his low prices on extras. the personal touch, and word of mouth, no advertising can do that. Grubstake PS. And I've hunted with Rob, and to say he's a great guy, is an under statement.

AMD, one thing I'll add also, is if you don't need it ROB will be the first one to tell you, also His pretty wife Dawnie will handle it when Robs not available, and you will get first rate service and shipping. + his low prices on extras. the personal touch, and word of mouth, no advertising can do that. Grubstake PS. And I've hunted with Rob, and to say he's a great guy, is an under statement.