Detector Craze getting Crazier!

Hi,

The world-wide gold rush just keeps getting crazier. Now it is spreading to the Fisher F75, Teknetics T2, and Bounty Hunter Omega 8000, which are all pretty much the same unit. They are rapidly selling out across the country. I wonder what models will be next. If this keeps up just about anything that can find a gold nugget is going to get bought up.

Steve Herschbach

Hi,

The world-wide gold rush just keeps getting crazier. Now it is spreading to the Fisher F75, Teknetics T2, and Bounty Hunter Omega 8000, which are all pretty much the same unit. They are rapodly selling out across the country. I wonder what models will be next. If this keeps up just about anything that can find a gold nugget is going to get bought up.

Steve Herschbach

Its amazing that this gold price rush is driving detector prices threw the roof! On the Minelab side the first was the GPX4500, then GPX4000 and now the GP's are in on the over pricing. If you dont have a detector now you are going to be challenge trying to find one, they were expensive enough on there own and just as the regular prices were starting to become obtainable. Frankly I dont see the price of gold going down at all...only up and God know how far that will be, but I am sure it will be remarkable! Guido...

Hi,

The world-wide gold rush just keeps getting crazier. Now it is spreading to the Fisher F75, Teknetics T2, and Bounty Hunter Omega 8000, which are all pretty much the same unit. They are rapodly selling out across the country. I wonder what models will be next. If this keeps up just about anything that can find a gold nugget is going to get bought up.

Steve Herschbach

Looks like that Infinium I bought from you was a wise investment eh Steve? :)

Jennifer

Check out this E-Pay ad... the old adage "There's a sucker born every minute" may just be about to be proven (right or wrong).

GPX-4500 on E-Pay for $19,000

I've been watching the completed auctions (yes I realize they may not be paid for and delivered) and the highest I've seen is this one over $10,000, check out the bid history, pretty amazing how fast it shot up the first day.

E-Pay completed ad

Jennifer

Check out this E-Pay ad... the old adage "There's a sucker born every minute" may just be about to be proven (right or wrong).

GPX-4500 on E-Pay for $19,000

I've been watching the completed auctions (yes I realize they may not be paid for and delivered) and the highest I've seen is this one over $10,000, check out the bid history, pretty amazing how fast it shot up the first day.

E-Pay completed ad

Jennifer

That $19000.00 is the "Buy It Now" price. It has no bids on it as of now. This is one to be wary of as the seller has practically no feedback.

He has only sold 5 items on eBay.

Just remember there are still dealers like Rob and myself, that will give you the regular price of $4,495 as long as you are a local customer buying the machine for your personal use. You may have to get on a waiting list to get the machine, but you are not going to pay inflated Ebay prices of $18,000.

Machines in Sudan sell from $18,000 to $26,000. However, the average take for one guy using 1 GPX4500 is between 6 to 10 KILOS of gold a week.

I had a visit from a buyer from Sudan that tells me that his brother has 15 machines and he rents them out for a percentage of the finds. I asked how he knew that his renters were being honest with him regarding how much they find. He said that he will only re-rent to those who produce the most gold. If you do not produce a good take and the amount of gold is low, he will not rent the machine to you again. Only the top producers get to rent the machines.

AND, his borther is looking to purchase more machines. If only I had about 50 machines.

Doc

Hi,

The world-wide gold rush just keeps getting crazier. Now it is spreading to the Fisher F75, Teknetics T2, and Bounty Hunter Omega 8000, which are all pretty much the same unit. They are rapidly selling out across the country. I wonder what models will be next. If this keeps up just about anything that can find a gold nugget is going to get bought up.

Steve Herschbach

Also the other funny thing is that these detectors are supposed to be made by the bounty hunter factory as i recall.

Hi,

Steve Herschbach

Steve,

What I find a bit off the wall and amazing in this buying craze of metal detectors, from those without or having a lack of knowledge of the mining laws, claims filings info, geological formations which Reno Chris and others have pointed out in the various mining publications e.g. ICMJ and such materials as authored by Jim Straight!

This really blows my mind, why would anyone buy a metal detector in the first place, before asking questions e.g. about physical "knocked down claim markers" etc. For petes sake, what happened to research where minerals where found beforehand and under what conditions as I mention with Chris and Jim? It almost apperars that we're in for a rash of intrusions on the mineral rights held by claim owners today.

Some might say here "nice sagway" Gary, but I'm not blind to the idea of buying a car before I've learned how to drive it! This just seems to be a bit nuts!

Gary

Guest Mike C...

Hey Robber have you ever used any of the new fishers/first Texas/bounty hunter :blink: the f75 and the t2 just happen to be some of the best available coin relic beepers around and are sensitivve to lower conducting metals such as GOLD---Hell if their finding Kilo's over there then any beeper would work---Don't you think :wacko: ---Mike C... :ph34r:

Also the other funny thing is that these detectors are supposed to be made by the bounty hunter factory as i recall.

The world-wide gold rush just keeps getting crazier. Now it is spreading to the Fisher F75, Teknetics T2, and Bounty Hunter Omega 8000, which are all pretty much the same unit.

That really does not make sense. Soils in the Sudanese goldfields are heavily mineralized. Not good country for a VLF made for treasure hunting, not prospecting, like the F75 - I wonder if it could handle the soils without turning the gain way, way down. Of course any detector will find gold if its big enough and close enough to the surface. I wish I could hunt behind the people prospecting with an F75 using my GP Extreme! If I was headed to Sudan, I think the TDI would be a better choice if one was looking for alternatives to the minelab because of lack of availability.

Hey guys,

I'm still in Dubai and I'm going to check this out as soon as I get back there soon, but Reno i agree with you from your prospective untill i see that those machines are really being used by the sudanese people. Honestly to me it just sounds like a scam now to raise other prices that were cheap enough so the market sharks benefit, but only the poor realising late, that it doesn't work. From what info you have given, the only way is that those nuggets are so upto the surface to find with these detectors, which i can assure you is not true.

That is a big jump and only 2 reasons come to mind:

1: That maybe someone has seen it go through with these detectors ( which is another craze that I doubt)

2: Someone is just trying to benefit fast money and trick the people into buying it. (probably you'll never see those people in the country again after making their money)

Now as much as fields try to be secret and as I mentioned before one's who rent free Minelab for 1/3 of the finds, and 1/3 to Logistics, 1/3 to the owner of the machine. This seems to be a bit suspicious about VLF detectors only if other fields have been really found, that others don't know about.

Man, i honestly would hate this, if this was some kind of scam just to make money. The reason i need to write this here is so that anyone searching should read this thread and hopefully know what their doing before buying.

I might me buying it for a new hobby i discovered from you guys, at the same time i wouldn't mind finding gold nuggets.,( i thank god for that blessing) but trust me that would not be the same for many here to buy something that wouldn't get its worth. I'm just waiting to go back and check for myself but i would sure be pissed off if this is happening with out benefit for them. Worse than a Nigerian Scam. If My detector doesn't come soon, I won't wait for it in Dubai. i really need to check this out. :angry2:

Just remember there are still dealers like Rob and myself, that will give you the regular price of $4,495 as long as you are a local customer buying the machine for your personal use. You may have to get on a waiting list to get the machine, but you are not going to pay inflated Ebay prices of $18,000.

Machines in Sudan sell from $18,000 to $26,000. However, the average take for one guy using 1 GPX4500 is between 6 to 10 KILOS of gold a week.

I had a visit from a buyer from Sudan that tells me that his brother has 15 machines and he rents them out for a percentage of the finds. I asked how he knew that his renters were being honest with him regarding how much they find. He said that he will only re-rent to those who produce the most gold. If you do not produce a good take and the amount of gold is low, he will not rent the machine to you again. Only the top producers get to rent the machines.

AND, his borther is looking to purchase more machines. If only I had about 50 machines.

Doc

Hi Doc, do we know this to be true, this Sudan story, I've not seen anything in the BBC, or any other press and you'd think if there was a big rush down there and people were buying up detectors at this rate for this long it would be a big enough lode that it would be on the wire by now.

Just curious, it seems awful quiet for all the price gouging it's caused.

Note: My next question is...... why the heck aren't we all on the next flight to the Sudan? :)

Jen

I Currently have a new gpx4500 on backorder from Rob, glad I am not paying $10,000 :wacko: Dave

I still have my new one that Minelab sent me sitting here in the box and it's been tempting at times but if this goes into next Spring, I sure can't afford to sell mine now and not have anything to use come Spring thaw... it's a scary thought... risk it and sell hoping a new model is coming out and/or the supply will meet demand or wait, I think I'll wait, it'd rather have something I know I can sell for $8,000 if I have to than have the $8,000 now and be using dowsing sticks next Spring. :)

Jen

That really does not make sense. Soils in the Sudanese goldfields are heavily mineralized. Not good country for a VLF made for treasure hunting, not prospecting, like the F75 - I wonder if it could handle the soils without turning the gain way, way down. Of course any detector will find gold if its big enough and close enough to the surface. I wish I could hunt behind the people prospecting with an F75 using my GP Extreme! If I was headed to Sudan, I think the TDI would be a better choice if one was looking for alternatives to the minelab because of lack of availability.

Looks like White's is looking for someone to setup shop over there... oy vay, what a tacky ad.....

Check out this posting boys n girls... like a true salesman, spewing about having White's machines in stock, not on backorder like those "other detectors"... kinda like saying we have lot's of Acura's in stock, not like that Ferrari dealer down the street.... (not dogging Whites, I didn't say Hyundai or Kia) :)

Seeking Whites Rep in Sudan

By the way, fellow ICMJ subscribers, there's an article about it in the December issue (sorry if it's been mentioned, I'm coming in mid stream). It's an awesome read, well done Chris Ralph if you're on this thread (I don't know everyones last name) (update: I just sent a "great article" email to the author and saw a picture... psst...shhh, look up, I think that's him up there ^^^). :)

http://www.icmj.com/article-notloggedin.php?id=665

If you're bored and you want to read a HUUUUUUUMUNGOUS detailed report on mining in the area, a Canada mining company (La Mancha) has been working the area for a few years with a mine called Hassai, and here is the much shortened version of their 2008 Technical Report they filed with SEDARS: http://www.lamancha.ca/2/technical_reports...e_shortened.pdf

The one that's up on SEDARS is HUGE but much more detailed, I downloaded it and if anyone can't find it on SEDARS (search for January 2008 tech report under the name La Mancha) and wants it, I can put a copy on my server.

In fact, according to their web site, they're the only official mining company in Sudan..interesting.

hassai_mine.jpg

The attached PDF is their latest Tech Report, it has some neat photos of the mine.

And here's a link to an awesome Investor Presentation that has some neat pictures of their soils and various layers etc:

http://www.lamancha.ca/2/24-09-LMA-corpora...resentation.pdf

Anyone seen a picture of that first Big Kahuna nugget or any of the others or is Minelab taking them all in trade for GPX's :)

UPDATE: I wouldn't be thinking the supply is going to get better on PI machines...Etheopia (as in the country right next to Sudan) just announced... get this.. a 40 ton discovery. Good on em, that Continent has been starved and suffered long enough..... it's about time they had some good fortune. :)

http://www.ethioplanet.com/news/2009/11/13...ed-in-ethiopia/

Studies indicate that Ethiopia’s mineral resources still remain unexploited. Geological surveys indicate that there is an estimated 500 tonns of gold deposit across the horn of Africa’s nation.

I found this picture on the following page (and it's from 2007): http://spilpunt.blogspot.com/2007/04/ethiopia_13.html

GoldNuggets-Large.jpg

A link to a search query with some interesting articles. Click Here

I guess we all know where JP's headed to eh JP? ;)

Gulp... sell your gold cus the market's about to be flooded. :)

Jennifer

Hi Doc, do we know this to be true, this Sudan story, I've not seen anything in the BBC, or any other press and you'd think if there was a big rush down there and people were buying up detectors at this rate for this long it would be a big enough lode that it would be on the wire by now.

Just curious, it seems awful quiet for all the price gouging it's caused.

Note: My next question is...... why the heck aren't we all on the next flight to the Sudan? :)

Jen

Jen I assure you it is true about the Minelab and big Nuggets but don't know about them F75.

:lol: @ the next flight to Sudan. Your all welcome anytime.

Jen I assure you it is true about the Minelab and big Nuggets but don't know about them F75.

:lol: @ the next flight to Sudan. Your all welcome anytime.

Hi AMD.... I actually did more reading about it this afternoon and I'll pass on the visit, you go ahead... I like having my head connected to my shoulders and no holes to drain out from... had no idea Sudan was near Darfur.

Jen

Hi,

Steve Herschbach

I think it's about time to head down to Radio Shack for some of them there $19.95 Micronta metal detectors and a bunch of postal mailing tubes with postage to Sudan. :)

Jennifer (about to be rich) NARF!!!!

In fact, according to their web site, they're the only official mining company in Sudan..interesting.

The French have been officially there for over 20 years now with a 60% - 40% deal with the government. Before that the British 1900- 1954

Gold is mined in Sudan, largely in joint ventures with Chinese or French companies. Reserves are estimated at 37 tonnes and are concentrated around the Red Sea Hills. The government says that extraction is now at a rate of around 5 t/y, but it is declining steadily as reserves are depleted. Sudan also has untapped deposits of minerals, including chromite, silver, iron ore, copper, lead, mica, asbestos, talc, tungsten, zinc, diamonds and uranium.

Hi AMD.... I actually did more reading about it this afternoon and I'll pass on the visit, you go ahead... I like having my head connected to my shoulders and no holes to drain out from... had no idea Sudan was near Darfur.

Jen

:lol: Darfur is in Sudan, but c'mon do you know where that is? Sudan is the largest country in Africa and about the 7th in the world. Darfur is far far far away from the City Khartoum, but I can understand how the medias injustice can play for someone who wouldn't know.

The French have been officially there for over 20 years now with a 60% - 40% deal with the government. Before that the British 1900- 1954

Gold is mined in Sudan, largely in joint ventures with Chinese or French companies. Reserves are estimated at 37 tonnes and are concentrated around the Red Sea Hills. The government says that extraction is now at a rate of around 5 t/y, but it is declining steadily as reserves are depleted. Sudan also has untapped deposits of minerals, including chromite, silver, iron ore, copper, lead, mica, asbestos, talc, tungsten, zinc, diamonds and uranium.

Guess they're fibbing on their website... let me go make sure I had it right..... nope, busted... I was wrong (sowwy)... thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.... HA...

They're not the only one, their page says they were the first, not the only, my apologizies:

As the first company to operate a gold mine in Sudan, La Mancha holds a competitive advantage in the largest country in Africa.

They're in with the French as well according to the top of this page:

http://www.lamancha.ca/2/Factsheet_Sept09.pdf

Jennifer

:lol: Darfur is in Sudan, but c'mon do you know where that is? Sudan is the largest country in Africa and about the 7th in the world. Darfur is far far far away from the City Khartoum, but I can understand how the medias injustice can play for someone who wouldn't know.

I was right then.. if it's "in", then it's pretty dang close eh? (blond logic, go with it, it's all I got, it's after midnight). :)

Take lots of pictures... of nuggets...

Jen

:lol: Alright then when the darfur war is over (hopefully soon) then you'll all come. Darfur is an untouched Haven of Gold, Uranium and Diamonds. Black Gold is crazy there but thats only for the governments or if one of you own a exploration company.

Im scared after its over we'll have a hard time detecting, cuz you'll find bullets and a burried machine gun along the way :lol::spank:

Who's really getting rich in these type of gold rushes? lets not forget about what happened in Serra pelada and Congo. Prospecting USA, Australia and Mexico have their advantages. Go out and find your own gold rush. :) AzNuggetBob