camo

Well with all this camo stuff going on :girl: . I thought all my other hunting gear is camo so why not the 4500 :glare: . I just might sneak up on a few more nuggets. time will tell LOL

post-14096-12613457077026_thumb.jpg post-14096-12613461933262_thumb.jpg

good luck all

LON

Hey Lon you need alll the help you can get when hunting with me--LOL--you just turned a $8-10 thousand dollar beeper into a $2 dollar turd LOL---Later-Mike C... :ph34r:

Hey Mike C 8-10 grand not even close more like 3 . you sure are in that turd stuff .like i told you. when you are out and find a nickel in a worked out patch. quit sticking it in your mouth to check the date. it like don't eat the yellow snow LOL

Lon

Hey Lon,

I thought I seen you and Mike sneaking around our claims. You both looked like moving trees! LOL ... Just kidding. Good camo job on the metal detector. Now you can sneak up the gold nuggets. :ph34r:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob

you guys are real good don't leave no gold behind. must be time to sell that claim LOL . hope every thing is going well with the family and business. can you pick me up a coil cover and some tape let me know.

thank you

Lon

Lon, Dude! Tell me you did not really do that......Guess you have never lost your detector before :lol::lol::D Yea well, it aint funny.. :D

Adam

had to much spare time on Sunday.the wife said no going out today. off to the shed i went LOL.thank god its not the 80s just might have misplaced it before i got it in the house LOL. its not to bad these days.

aznuggetbob

nice bike thats the way to go. i would come home with broken leg or a pick up my a.., so for now its four wheels only

Hi Lon that was my old 500 yamaha under all that camo. It was a real gas out on the flats and a little squirrily on the hills but a lot of fun. I just thought I would point out that Minelab SDs were camo when they first came out and I heard a rumor that the new ones are going to have a camo control box? ;) good luck to ya, AzNuggetBob

That's pretty cool... I hope this doesn't happen to you. I once was archery hunting sheep and found a herd bedded down in the middle of an open field. The grass was only a few inches high and absolutely no cover for 300 yds. I ditched my camo pack and belly crawled to the herd. Heavy fog rolled in and then pouring rain started a couple hours into the stalk. Later, I had a hard time locating my pack due to the camo.

And the sheep got up and left the area when the rain started...

Nice job El Dorado, is that a peel and stick material? both you and Lon are making my old rattle can paint job look pretty bad.:D AzNuggetBob

Also Lon just wondering did you use an airbrush on yours?

AzNuggetBob

that was a can job.5 colors I used a small brush for the grass, fake leaf. just remember start with light color first .use fast strokes, when done take a painters net and spray shadow black.

Lon

Hendo I tried several different ways to carry my detector and pick on a motorcycle. I'll start with the pick. If you look at the photo of my bike the pick holder is just a 2" PVC pipe mounted on the left front fork of the bike with automotive hose clamps. I cut an angle slot in the top so the pick head wedged down when I dropped it in the pipe, worked great never came out even at high speeds. As far as the detector at first I modded a behind the seat pickup truck gun rack and mounted it on the front forks of the bike, I even put pipe wrap foam on it to cusion it but keep in mind this was in the early 90's you may able to buy something like this today. I see them for quads. this worked ok but I like to to ride hard and fast and the shaking of the detector was a bit much so I tried behind my back with a detachable leather strap like a gun sling and that was better but I dont recommend this one unless your going short distances because its not very comfortable.. If you decide on this method make sure the coil is down it catches a lot of wind. just collapse the shaft on the detector to shorten it first. What I finally found that worked well for me was a metal framed back pack. I did day hunts most the time but would go out for several days camping from time to time and the back pack was great for that also. this is one of the reasons I camoed my bike. sometimes I would leave my bike stashed in the bushes and walk for miles backpacking and not return for days and did not want to have my bike stolen while I was gone. On this method I would just take coil wire loose from the box and the detector shaft apart in the middle, and still had a lot of room for other supplies in the pack. Two wheels does have its advantages. I followed the old timers mule trails for years, a quad wont fit on many of the trails. Hope this helps. AzNuggetBob

Hey Bob do you have any updated pictures of what you look like now--I mean your pic is from the 90's- :lol: -Mike C... :ph34r:

Just a little grayer and a little smarter Mike :ph34r: AzNuggetBob

Here is a close up.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg70/aznuggetbob/Picture407-4-2.jpg?t=1261871680