130 gram Sudan Nugget found with COILTEK

Here's a picture of 130 gram nugget found in the Sudan with a 12 X 19 Coiltek GoldStalker coil at 42 inches.

Apparently they had a lot of fun digging down 42 inches with the sand falling back into the hole.

I told him the coil was on backwards and that the back end of the coil my pick up the upper metal rod. However, you know how when you put your underwear on backwards by mistake and then go out and find a 1 ounce nugget? Tell me you aren't going to wear your underwear backwards every time you go nugget hunting from then on? You know how superstitious we all are.

Doc

Hey DOC, never have done that, put my underwear on backwards! Now I have put my boots on the wrong feet before! But cought it before I had them laced up. My reason, it was night. And I had use the little boys room out in the desert. Grubstake Now I carry house shoe's just for that.

I told him the coil was on backwards and that the back end of the coil my pick up the upper metal rod. However, you know how when you put your underwear on backwards by mistake and then go out and find a 1 ounce nugget? Tell me you aren't going to wear your underwear backwards every time you go nugget hunting from then on? You know how superstitious we all are.

Doc

Doc. If I found that nugget with my coil on backwards it would stay that way forever.----Bob

Dear JP,

I know! It is really chunky looking. They told me they found 600 grams in one day with that coil, but this one was the one that really impressed them because of it's size and beauty and how deep it was, and they said it was 130 grams, but I didn't ask them how they weighed it.

I just know that after having a day like that the word went out about the Gold Stalker 12 X 19 and last I heard COILTEK is back ordered around 5000 coils. Already I am seeing the Gold Stalker 12 X 19 and other Gold Stalker coils pop up on Ebay for ridiculous prices.

I remember when Digger Bob found his big nugget it was 5 ounces and it sure looked bigger. It's in this You Tube Video about 3/4ths of the way through the video.

Doc

Dear JP,

I know! It is really chunky looking. They told me they found 600 grams in one day with that coil, but this one was the one that really impressed them because of it's size and beauty and how deep it was, and they said it was 130 grams, but I didn't ask them how they weighed it.

I just know that after having a day like that the word went out about the Gold Stalker 12 X 19 and last I heard COILTEK is back ordered around 5000 coils. Already I am seeing the Gold Stalker 12 X 19 and other Gold Stalker coils pop up on Ebay for ridiculous prices.

I remember when Digger Bob found his big nugget it was 5 ounces and it sure looked bigger. It's in this You Tube Video about 3/4ths of the way through the video.

Actually Doc, that nugget weighs in at 11.3 oz. When I first was able to find a scale to weigh it, the only thing I could find was a gram food scale at work. I must have converted it wrong because for years I thought it was a tad over 10 oz. Last year when I was changing banks and took it out of the safe deposit box before transferring it to the new bank, I showed it to a local coin dealer who buys gold from the local miners. He put it on his scale which actually is SUPPOSED to weigh gold and showed me that it weighed 11.3 troy oz. Damn, just another 3/4 oz. and I could have joined the pound club!

Digger Bob

Doc

Hey Digger,

WHOOPS. Sorry. I may have got the weight confused with how wide the box had to be that I got you for it. What ever the case is, that is still one amazing chunk of gold. I was beside myself with happiness for you when you found that, because I know how many times you had had "close ones" that you missed.

You are a legend Digger! Truly! I have always remembered the time you took me to Northern California, that was really enjoyable and I learned a lot from you about the geology up there.

Doc

The Minelab 12 X 15 is a great coil, Minelab has always made great coils. However, as you know, they are hard to find and very expensive. The Coiltek 12 X 19 coil is also a mono coil and gives you a little more coverage and maybe a little more depth.

The Minelab 12 X 15 uses Litz wire, which is a Minelab innovation, and the Coiltek coil has been optimized for maximum sensitivity, depth, lightness, and stability.

There is absolutely not one shred of evidence that shows one coil is any better at finding gold than the other. The people in the Sudan get locked in on a particular prospecting item because they have seen other people find gold with that item. So if they see people find gold with the Minelab 12 X 15, they will want to use that coil, if they see people finding gold with a 12 X 19 Coiltek Gold Stalker coil, they will want to use that coil, if they see someone find gold with a chunk of dried camel dung tied to the end of their detector they will want to use that. I'm not implying that the Sudanese people are not smart, it is just that they are not educated as to how to use this equipment to get the maximum benefit or to be able to independently judge which equipment will work best based on what we know about coils, sizes, shapes, etc. So they stick with what they know, "If someone else is finding gold with it, maybe I can too!" Which is really not a bad tact at all.

I can say this, two men go out prospecting in Sudan. One is using a Minelab 12 X 15, the other is using a COILTEK Gold Stalker 12 X 19, who will find the most gold at the end of the day? It's a coin toss! Because both coils are equally good. I would like to thing in a years tine over the long term, the Coiltek coil, in a years time, may find a little more gold, if you look at only the reason being that it gets a little more coverage, and perhaps a little more depth.

At this point I would buy whatever coil you can. In fact I would buy two coils, or 1 of each. Coils are expendable, you wear them out, and it is better to have a backup there, because the waiting time right now to get a coil is about 90 days. You might also think about buying extra coil covers.

Doc

Friends kindly advise on the difference between the Commander Coil 15x12 mono and the Goldstalker 18x12 mono

as here in sudan many ppl recommend the ML one over coiltek one

thanks

Redhat,

By the way, I have seen in pictures that when the Sudanese prospector finds gold, they sometimes hire a backhoe that is on site for a $100 to dig a very deep hole. Tell them they are wasting their money and the gold.

Instead of having the backhoe dig a deep hole where they found a gold nugget, tell them to have the backhoe take off approximately 2 feet of sand in an area about 20 x 20 feet around the area where they found the nugget. Tell the backhoe operator not to pile the sand, but to try to spread the sand around on the surrounding ground.

There may be other nuggets deeper and in close proximity to the gold that they have found.

If you take off two feet, you are more likely to find other nuggets with your detector in the 20 X 20 2 foot deep hole, because you have now move two feet of sand out of the way and the detector goes deeper.

Then also have them detect the sand that was removed, because that sand probably has gold in it as well. I see these enormous piles of sand from these deep holes and I know there is probably gold in there, but it is too thick for a detector to go through to see the gold, the dirt needs to be moved around.

Take care good luck and God Bless you,

Doc

Friends kindly advise on the difference between the Commander Coil 15x12 mono and the Goldstalker 18x12 mono

as here in sudan many ppl recommend the ML one over coiltek one

thanks

That nugget Is a beauty, If it wasn't for all the red tape in Sudan I'd be there. Ive done a lot of looking at that area and that place is perfect desert huntin. geology is almost identical to AZ just no cactus or brush. where's my big coil. smile.gif AzNuggetBob