Forum is Slow

Holy crap Bob! I have no job, how much is a plane ticket to Alaska? That is amazing, what is the total weight of all those gold nuggets? Thanks for sharing that picture. I hope to be able to dump a pile of gold like that onto a table for a picture some day!

Cheers!

Matt

No, Bob. the three that look pink, used to Belong to WOODY WOODWORTH, but he has passed now. The one on the bottom is the 9+ oz Elpaso Camel and the smooth one he found in Coarse Gold Ca, the other one he found in Hunters Valley in Mariposa County. The smooth one was over 5 oz's, he found it by mistake, Woody used to sell detectors, as well as being a writer. One day a guy was wanting to try out a Gold Bug, Woody took him to Coarse Gold creek, which at the times was dry. As he got the detector out of his van, it got turned on. Then he steped off in the dry creek bed, it went nuts. Woody told the guy: Its prob. A beer can but we'll dig it anyway. It turned out to be that 5+ oz nugget. I have held it in my hand as Woody related the story to me. That was in the early 90's. Grubstake

Gubstake,

I knew you would come through with some gold pictures. I sure wish you would write a little more about your adventures. I know how this late rain has been, but I hope to see you post some big gold nuggets of your own. You are do for that fattie. It looks like we can get in a little time swinging the next couple days until the next rain. Take care.

Matt

Yeh, Matt. I plan on going for a couple of hours tomarrow. I have been feeling pretty bad and had some heart troble this morning, almost had togo to the hospital, but three nitro's and some pain meds, eased it off enough, so I did not go. But I did rest most of the day. My medical problems are getting worse. and I'm not getting out like I would like too. But then again it rained too. One day at a time. Grubstake

Matt, I don't remember the exact amount in that pic, about a pound I believe. Grubstake, that mistake nugget is quite nice. You be careful, take care. Nice rough gold from Allen also.Hope all of you have a great summer, Bob