Weekend at El Paso mountains.

Ok the nugget is not what what it looks like. There seems to be a guy spray painting rocks with 24k gold spray paint and leaving them out there.

This one was under the surface about a inch with a bottle cap under it so when I hit it I dug the target. When I uncovered it I thought no more work but when I picked it up there was no weight to it. Well guess the joke was on me but like any good joke I put it back for the next guy. Good luck out there.

But all was not lost came home with 2 oz out of the drywasher and about 1 oz of big picker size with the minelab. And by the way Rob the headphone's rock.

Dayam..... that is super! Also one hell of a crevice you are working!

The crevice is now 10 ft deep with bed rock sides and still have not hit bottom but the gold is getting bigger, into 2 gram nuggets now. I am going to need to cut it more forward running out of room for the detector

srferjo

GOOD ONE!!! Got me good.

Man your into a really good spot better

go into stealth mode or stay till it's

all gone. You worked for it you should

have all of it.

Good Luck out there

Herb

That's what the El Paso's are about! In them hills you earned that nugget. DigDeep, how's you luck been of late...talk to you soon.

LuckyLundy

Hey Lucky, been doin' alright here and there, but it's never enough lol. See ya

DigDeep

I know how you felt when you found the painted rock because the first day after buying my ML4000 I was working the side of a ridge at Stanton, AZ and dug a target. It was about 8" deep and turned out to be a large cal. bullet wraped in gold foil. I thought "this detecting is a lot easier than they say on all the forums" when that slug jumped out of the hole. It looks real enough that it fooled Chris G. for a second or two when I showed it to him. I still have it since it is my first nugget. It wasn't where there would be a lot of traffic detecting like in a wash or tailing pile. I don't know how it got there or why but had been there for quite a spell.

Guest sandtrap

Area sure looks familiar to me.. but I won't tell.. Hey, 714, if you are ever having coffee at the Randsburg Store, ask for me; Im usually there sometime during the day.

Hey Srferjo714...hows it going...I have been playing around the El Paso mountains south of the Narrows and on the southern foot of the mountain, the bullets are killing me! Didn't know you were in the area. I will be banging around there with my Sd2200D and hopefully my recently acquired GPX4500 as well for the next four weekends or so. The jobs taken me to Palmdale for a few months and weekends are mine!. P.S. that's quite the hole you got there...Guido

Got a curious question on the photo looking through your ravine with the dryywasher and bucket in the photo.

That photos direction is not N Nw is it ? kind looks familir of an area I know in wilderness area.

No it is east to west.

Area sure looks familiar to me.. but I won't tell.. Hey, 714, if you are ever having coffee at the Randsburg Store, ask for me; Im usually there sometime during the day.

Stopped in there thur but they were already closed. Next time Sandtrap

Hey 714,

For a minute there,you took my breath away. Too bad that was not a real one. Ron, you remember where you dug that nugget out of those tree roots? Someone dug a hole in the bottom of the wash right at that spot but didn't find much as they only went down 3 or 4 ft. and failed to get to bedrock so they gave up. You going to make it over again this month???

Bob T.

Hey 714,

For a minute there,you took my breath away. Too bad that was not a real one. Ron, you remember where you dug that nugget out of those tree roots? Someone dug a hole in the bottom of the wash right at that spot but didn't find much as they only went down 3 or 4 ft. and failed to get to bedrock so they gave up. You going to make it over again this month???

Bob T.

Next month, I have a dive job for the next two weeks. See you in June. Also that claim we looked at up the creek the maint fee's have not been paid for this year it my be open.

Gosh... looks like "714" is having a lot of fun chasing after

El Paso Gold... According to Frank L. Hess (Gold Mining in the

Randsburg Quadrangle, California; Contributions to Economic

Geology, 1909, Part 1) gold was first discovered in Goler Wash

in the winter of 1893-94. Hess was at this time one of, if not

the best, USGS mineralogist.

His preliminary investigation was a short paper (pgs 23-47)

within the Department of Interior Bulletin 430 "United States

Geological Survey Contibutions To Economic Geology." His paper

"Gold Mining in the Randsburg Quadrangle" has stood the test of

time and has been widely quoted by later writers. Better yet,

some of the information within Hess's paper has been the

pathfinder for the success some knowlegeable gold detectorests

are now are experiencing working wirhin the greater Randsburg/El Paso

Summit Range broad area.