Very Nice California Specimen

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is a specimen that a friend in California sent over to me and said I could post it. The specimen was found with a Minelab GPX-4500 and a Coiltek Mono Searchcoil recently. The total weight of the specimen was just under 10 ounces with over 2.75 ounces of gold per the specific gravity test conducted. My friend stated he found another one in the same location, but uncertain about the size of the second piece.

Just goes to show it's still out there! Congrats to my friend.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Well... It really is a nice specimen!... A 10 oz specimen with 2.75 free

milling gold. Rob, your friend did great! There are more around to be found;

I'm looking foreward to seeing more posted...

A thought... he may find doing a little scouting around, maybe even a

little drywashing. The old-timers didn't get it all...

Gosh... I got excited and my ol' slow dialup double posted. I was worried

that my spot was found... But my specimens are smaller and the matrix a

loose web of more weathered grains...

I cannot send photos... my dialup is old and dated... But they are similar;

quartz veins carrying free milling coarse gold. Granite county rock...

Yo Rob...Thanks for posting that...Not many finds being posted anymore...Some would say that piece is collectible and others might say grind it and refine it...I have some like it I enjoy looking at, but if I want value out of them, I'd dolly them up....Cheers, Unc

• Admin

Hello All,

It's great when guys want to show their finds. Like I said before, you don't have to give details. The finder is a very good nuggetshooter and friend. Hopefully he will continue to share his finds. Out of respect, go find your own spots, don't try to chase him down! :mellow:

I'm sure this piece will look very nice slabbed up. Eldorado would be the person to do it for me. I have yet to see any work as good as his.

Hello All,

It's great when guys want to show their finds. Like I said before, you don't have to give details. The finder is a very good nuggetshooter and friend. Hopefully he will continue to share his finds. Out of respect, go find your own spots, don't try to chase him down! :mellow:

I'm sure this piece will look very nice slabbed up. Eldorado would be the person to do it for me. I have yet to see any work as good as his.

Out of curiosity, how much is lost cutting it into slabs. Or how thin is the saw ?

I agree that the resulting slabs should be beautiful.

Out of curiosity, how much is lost cutting it into slabs. Or how thin is the saw ?

I agree that the resulting slabs should be beautiful.

My slab saw's blade is .032" thick, how much is "lost" depends on gold content. It is really not lost, as I save and process all my saw grunge. I never charge for this service, so I guess that is my pay for providing such a service.