Weekend Hunt with DigDeep and Relatives

• Admin

Hello All,

This weekend DigDeep and Co. drove down from Southern California to try some Arizona nuggethunting. Saturday DigDeep and Co. arrived at the hunting location and we all hunted pretty much the entire day. That evening my partner cooked Ribeye Steaks and huge Baked Potatoes for everyone. The weather was really nice Saturday evening with a nice cool breeze. There were about six nuggets found Saturday.

Sunday we continued to work around the same general area and a few more nuggets were found. Dig Deep ended up with six nuggets for the weekend and his Father found two. His Uncle hunted hard, but only ended up with a bunch of old-timer rubbish and some bullets. :(

Overall it was a great weekend and most found a few gold nuggets to boot. It was great having DigDeep and Co. make it down here to Arizona before the weather got too hot.

Below are some photos of the weekend hunt.

Rattlesnake seen on the road when leaving the hunting location. We seen a total of three Rattlesnakes this weekend.

05-23-10_01.JPG

These are the nuggets I found Saturday wondering around on a hillside that had potential. I also found a specimen with some gold poking out.

05-23-10_02.JPG

DigDeep and Co. in person. DigDeep is the one in the middle. Great group of guys!

05-23-10_03.JPG

DigDeep's gold nuggets. This guy wouldn't let the nuggets rest from this area.

05-23-10_04.JPG

DigDeep's Father's gold nuggets.

05-23-10_05.JPG

Until the next time ....

Rob Allison

Hey Rob, wanted to say Thanks again for the kickazz weekend. We all had a great time and got some good gold. And your partner is one hell of a cook. I haven't eaten that good in a long time.

(everyone else)

We could not ask for a better guide and place to hunt some nuggets. The dude knows his stuff and more than willing to share all the info, the geology, detailed history of every place we looked - like a walking mining history book. And the detailed stories he had were amazing. Stories you would not believe- and then you see the pictures, wow. You don't find too many guys like him around.

Oh-yea he has no fear of snakes, he showed us all the local breeds of rattlesnakes on the first little tour of the area, we saw a red one and a brown one and could only hear one of the others. He petted them on the belly and moved them off the path for us.... not really but damn near.

And as you might guess we didn't have snake guards. Mine broke and I forgot to tell Rob to bring some before we left. He did bring all the other detecting accessories we wanted plus some. And offered to let us use his own snakeguards.

Thanks again

DigDeep

• Admin

Hey DigDeep,

Thanks for all the kind comments. I think we all had a blast. You're always welcome out this way, just let me know when you're coming. When it cools off a bit, Dennis and I are going to explore for some new patches again.

Hey, it would be great to get together in Southern, California somewhere with Jim Straight. Jim has been a very true friend since I first started poking around with Geology and Gold back in the early 90's. I'm proud to say Jim Straight is one of my Mentors, the other one was the long, but not forgotten, Richard Doherty. Richard had a nack at finding gold nuggets unlike anyone I have seen.

Talk with you guys later,

Rob Allison

:) Hey Rob... I knew Richard Doherty... back when Mountain

Publications first published "Follow the Drywashers"

Richard added a copy to the box of each GT-16000.

This certainly helped Mountain Publication overall sales.

I met both Richard and Elizabeth at the early GPAA

gold shows. They were known as the Gold Dust Twins...

I fully agree about Richards knack for finding nuggets.

No matter what detector... he made it sing a most

Happy Tune where others were singing sour notes. Richards

success with the Fisher Gold Strike is a story

still being told over campfires.

DigDeep... Hey, Rob carries my book, Three Hours to Gold

from Southern Californa... this could mean you... as you are

not far from the greater Randsburg Quadrangle... which

includes the El Paso Range where large multi-ounce nuggets

have beem found in Bonanza, Benson, Golar and their fringe

areas.

DigDeep... Hey, Rob carries my book, Three Hours to Gold

from Southern Californa... this could mean you... as you are

not far from the greater Randsburg Quadrangle... which

includes the El Paso Range where large multi-ounce nuggets

have beem found in Bonanza, Benson, Golar and their fringe

areas.

Hey Jim, My dad, uncle and I all got a copy from Rob, great book. After reading it I already have plans to head up there later this week. It's been a while since I've been in that area.

Talk to ya later

DigDeep

Yo Rob, Jim & All ... Richard D. was a great guy and I am honored that I got to hunt with him just in the last few months before he passed on ... He was a very knowledgeable gold finder ... He sure did know how to go through a patch!!! ... Cheers, Unc

Rob,

DigDeep and Family are but a few of hardcore detectorist. They don't mind a long hike, a few skunk days...DigDeep & Co can find gold in the toughest spots the American West can dish out to modern prospectors and come out smelling like Rose...I have pictures to but none of them eating steaks. I guess they didn't like our camp cooking? Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

• Admin

Hey Lucky,

Nope, DigDeep and Co. talked highly about you and your friends. I'm not sure what you guys ate, but I figured if I couldn't get them over any gold they would at least have a nice steak dinner to boot. Luckily, DigDeep and his Father found some nuggets.

Would love to come see some of that Northern California country, but just can't get enough time free.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison