Just out of courisity

I am Allen, served with the 568th medical clearing company, in support of the 173rd infanty and the 2/506th 101st airborn. I was also on a deal right after TET, down at long bin, called project Count. I leave that one in the air.

I used to dredge, pan, coin hunt, now only detect for gold, but still have a 4 inch dredge, and high banker. I went in aug. 29 1966 and got out feb. 3rd 1973 Viet Nam 2 tours. Germany after that. 63rd medical evac. Grubstake

Allen

I was in the AF from 61 to 65.Everybody was going to Nam but on my last year in I was sent to Thule Greenland and that base was closed up right before I left.

I started prospecting in 61 in Ca. and over the years I've done everything you had listed.This past may I hit the big 69 and when I get this girl through with her masters come next may I'll be out there again prospecting.

Chuck Anders

Out of all you nugget hunters on this forum how many of you are Nam Vets and who did you serve with?

What type of gold hunting do you do??

Detect

DryWash

Just Pan

Highbank

Dredge

Allen in MT

Nha Trang AB, with the AF

Panning

Detect

Dry Wash

Highbank

Dredge

h20

Hey Allen,

I was in the Army from 1973-76, served 74 to 75 with 10th Special Forces Group up at Ft Devens, MA as the Jr. Medic on ODA 331.

Never made it to "Nam, and after getting all that SF training I felt robbed.

But since I have been working at the VA Hospital as a nurse, I feel blessed to have missed it.

Thanks to all of you who went.

paul

Just a naive country boy who entered the Army December 1964 as an EM for 3 years and after completion of Helicopter Flight school they gave me a graduation present of a year in Nam 1966-1967. I left November 10, 1967 just before Tet happened; they sent me to Germany for the rest of my time and I retired after 5 years, eleven months and ten days; but WHO COUNTED ? I flew II and III Corps from the beach into Cambodia and Laos; worked with the Aussies, Koreans, local VC (South viet nam forces), and anyone else that needed a ride. I had the most fun of my life flying that Huey, except some of those little ***** kept shooting at me; fortunately they missed most of the time. Heres one time they didn't post-28936-128305142325_thumb.jpg REALLY, I'm holding an armor piercing round and NOT a joint! :)

I sluice, pan, and metal detect, and take lots of pictures of other things.

Mark

My dad is a Nam-era vet who served all over the place, including Lybia and the likes.

He damn near got a Section 8 for volunteering to go. He knew he wouldn't see the front lines, so he was OK with going over.

He retired a Lt. Col, USAF, and now lives in FL :)

Thanks, guys, for your service. Even of you "only" stayed INCONUS.

Archived