first month of gold huntng

After hunting for civil war relics for over 50 years here in Virginia I decided to buy a Minelab combined with a Goldstalker coil to try my luck. My first thought was to kill time until cooler weather and crop harvested however this has been fun. I never knew that my regular detector could produce numerous relics but was missing the gold. Probably beginner's luck!

I agree with matt damn good gold great hunting! i dont think luck has anything to do with it. gold looks like it came from the same area goooood spot and great comeup later on Justin

I've been down that Viginie way a few times hunting cw relice, mostly in Orange county and down around Fredericksberg, stopped by the Gold Mesuem a couple of times but it was closed. John kendrick (Digging in Virginia) got me into relic hunting and have stayed with him a couple of times out of Remmington. Neat area you have there, another place I stay at just outside Culpepper has an old gold mine just over the fence and is on the map also.

Maybe if I ever get back that way will have to give you a shout.

Allen in MT

Welcome local digger. Wow, 50years of CW digging where it all happened. You must have one hell of a nice collection. Living here in Arizona I can only dream about what is still there just waiting for a coil to go over it. I'm taking a trip back there next summer to try my luck. I'm also waiting to see if I get picked for the DIV hunts this spring. Keeping my fingers cross. Looks like you paid for that MineLab. Thanks for sharing and once again, Welcome. AL.C

Small world. I grew up on the Spotsylvania Court House Battlefield and have relic hunted all surroundng counties including the areas around Richmond. Funny thing, I am familar with the DIV hunts but only signed up for my first one just two weeks ago since I recently purchsed the Minelab. I normaly hunt with a Nautilus which I prefer over all other detectors except for hot soil and gold! If you are selected give me a shout. I am sure you are aware that the Civil War battle and camp sites are in the same area as the old gold mines around Orange, Culpeper, Spotsy, Stafford, Louisa, and Goochland somewhat.

Archived