What is it?

Got a real rookie question, looking for some advice. Found several rocks of various sizes, that all caused a strong response to my detector, a minelab gpx. None are attracted to my magnet. Cracked one open, hoping to find the mother lode inside. Looks the same as the outside. Color is a brownish- red. pock- marked exterior, somewhat smoother inside. Strike me as rather heavy for their size. I'm new at this, so any advice would be appreciated. Unable to post photos. Thanks for your help.

Lyle

First question is where did you find it? Second is too bad it looks the same on the inside, because when you said reddish brown that started to sound like a possible Meteorite, but you said it didn't attract to a magnet.

Doc

Got a real rookie question, looking for some advice. Found several rocks of various sizes, that all caused a strong response to my detector, a minelab gpx. None are attracted to my magnet. Cracked one open, hoping to find the mother lode inside. Looks the same as the outside. Color is a brownish- red. pock- marked exterior, somewhat smoother inside. Strike me as rather heavy for their size. I'm new at this, so any advice would be appreciated. Unable to post photos. Thanks for your help.

Lyle

First question is where did you find it? Second is too bad it looks the same on the inside, because when you said reddish brown that started to sound like a possible Meteorite, but you said it didn't attract to a magnet.

Doc

Hello, Doc.

Found the rocks near the top of a hill in central Arizona, a few miles from Lake Pleasant. Were all near, or on, the surface. Had packed in to the area, could see my truck about a mile away. Some clowns started messing with my truck, so I decided to leave after only a half hour or so. Took the smaller ones with me. Several other similar looking rocks in the area that didn't set off the detector. I'm new to this, so any help is appreciated.

Lyle

Hello, Doc.

Found the rocks near the top of a hill in central Arizona, a few miles from Lake Pleasant. Were all near, or on, the surface. Had packed in to the area, could see my truck about a mile away. Some clowns started messing with my truck, so I decided to leave after only a half hour or so. Took the smaller ones with me. Several other similar looking rocks in the area that didn't set off the detector. I'm new to this, so any help is appreciated.

Lyle

How about some photo's ?

• Admin

Hello All,

I believe Lyle is going to bring the pieces over today so I can take a gander at them. My guess is they might be some type of volcanic rocks, which some of the Lake Pleasant area is noted for. I'm hoping they have some type of values to them, which might lead them into something.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Lyle,

Great to have you stop over, along with Mike from Utah. Even though the rocks you have are just common Basalts, I've have found them in the goldfields. The area you were working has potential, but I would focus more on the areas I told you about. Some good gold nuggets, including copper and silver has been found in that area we discussed.

Mike, great to have you stop over also. Hope I answered all your questions. When you're ready to purchase your new GPX, give me a call and we can work you out a good deal. :D

Take care,

Rob Allison

Archived