New member from the PNW

Just joined the group! I am a sniper! I almost exclusively underwater when looking for gold. From 70 degree water to last weekends 36 degree water. I love the thrill of the chase and the reward of the catch!

This is a great forum. I have been lurking around for some time now and I figured it was time to sign up.

Hello everyone!

Welcome! You must be dedicated to get into NorCal water this time of year. How the heck do you warm up when you get out? Looking forward to seeing some nice river gold.

Matt

The water is so cold. Last dive it took me over an hour for the end of my fingers to stop hurting. I did pull a few flakes and a small nugget. I will post up some photos of next weekends sniping progress!

Hi Norcalsniper

I seen your post saying this is a test.Well it's great you came back and going to stay longer.You have so many great people on here that is always more than willing to help you if the need be.You too may be one to help us if we have a question in what your good at and love.

Chuck Anders

Man.... I love sniping too, but only when I can go for awhile and my fingers and toes don't turn blue...... I remember one time when the nuggets (3/4) oz would not stop coming and I just stayed in 39 degree water for a couple of hours. When I finally got out of the water I could not stand up cause it felt like I had no feet. Fortunately my wife had a fire going.

Welcome to your new home you will like it here!

paul

Archived