GPX5000 Specific Ground Balance

• Admin

Hey AZOverLand,

I have yet to find a location that needs "specific" ground balance. I can pretty much hunt everywhere with the normal balance and even with a Monoloop coil. I would like to hear from others if they have ever had to use "specific" balance on a GPX metal detector. I have yet to find a location that it's needed, but you never know ... :wacko:

Take care,

Rob Allison

I have not needed to use it in the US. I did find a use in Brazil in two different areas. You could not get the coil within a foot of the ground it was so mineralized, plus the mineralization would change rapidly within a few feet. The Specific GB turned out to work very well in those situations. It's a bit hard to see in this picture, but this was the dirt just after a dozer push. In person, the color change in the dirt showed up well, each color change was a completely different very hot mineralization

IMG_5007-Copy.jpg

When is the right time to switch to specific GB type. I have tried to used this mode but I have yet to succesfully really ground balance the machine. I am using the 11" mono coil.

Az ,

Remember when doing your first balance in specific you must manually switch to tracking to achieve a smooth threshold. Also you may try turning yo

ur gain down .good luck

Aaron

Archived