AK gold help

You might read through a few pages of back posts...someone else just asked about Alaska...

There is no "best" detector at any price...there are many posts dealing with that too...

for my moneys worth...

For multi-task detectors the Xterra-705 or Tesoro Lobo Supertrac are good...for strictly nugget hunting the whites gmt or Fisher goldbug series are good choices...

in the realm of Pi machines...used from 1200 bucks to the newest and brightest about 5500 bucks...

do some reading and put your money down...

fred

You might read through a few pages of back posts...someone else just asked about Alaska...

There is no "best" detector at any price...there are many posts dealing with that too...

for my moneys worth...

For multi-task detectors the Xterra-705 or Tesoro Lobo Supertrac are good...for strictly nugget hunting the whites gmt or Fisher goldbug series are good choices...

in the realm of Pi machines...used from 1200 bucks to the newest and brightest about 5500 bucks...

do some reading and put your money down...

fred

Thanks fred for the advice I am losing sleep over this hah. I really cant wait til the spring break up to try to get out to the streams to get me some alaska gold!!

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Hello AKgoldfever,

Welcome to the forums. I would suggest you contact a long time friend of mine, Steve H. of Alaska Mining & Diving. Steve is very knowledgeable of Alaska and places to go.

As for metal detectors, there are so many. If you have a budget I wouldn't look at anything under these units for gold nugget hunting -

Minelab Eureka Gold

Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Edition

White's GMT or MXT

Tesoro Lobo or Lobo ST

Fisher Goldbug series (original, GB2 or GB Pro)

If you can get into a used PI, you might consider a used Minelab SD series (2100 or 2200), a White's TDI or even a Garrett Infinium.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Archived