GPX Hard Case Suggestions?

The stock Minelab bag sucks. The detector doesn't really fit in it and with an 18" coil and Doc's shaft set up it has become useless for the detector. I still use it to put all my other detector stuff in i.e. coils attached to lower shafts, batteries and everything else I need. But I can't get use to the detector not having a home. I am looking to fit my GPX with an 18x12 CoilTek and Doc's shafts in one hard case. It needs to measure something like 54x15x8.

This Pelican 1770 long fits the bill really well but it's about $400 bucks. Any other ideas? What kind of hardcase do you other GPX guys use?

http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1770

2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited.....all the stuff fits nicely in the back..

Sorry, had a bad day and trying to be funny...

Good job LD. :lol: Took me 10-minutes to clean the beer off my computer screen and keyboard :o

Now stop it! :spank:

Go to your local military surplus shops, and hit garage sales. I have made myself several hardcases for $50 or less. Hell, cut foam and a $10 hardside suitcase from a garage sale kept my old GPX4000 safe for years!

They make a hard case for snow boards, I know my son-in-law worked in sales at China Peak this year, I was going to have him pick me up one, but they layed him off before I could have him do it, And its funny, because now they are closed, and it snowed another three ft. yeaterday. Grubstake

Just google snow board hard case, you will see COZY winters, they have one that will work fine for $175.00

They make a hard case for snow boards, I know my son-in-law worked in sales at China Peak this year, I was going to have him pick me up one, but they layed him off before I could have him do it, And its funny, because now they are closed, and it snowed another three ft. yeaterday. Grubstake

Just google snow board hard case, you will see COZY winters, they have one that will work fine for $175.00

Super heads up Grubstake! Here is one on sale for like $123.00 http://www.snowshack.com/product_detail.asp?T1=SNW+HL-01981&trk_src_ss=SNWGBASEWEBMACSS%7CSEO%7CGB%7C

Now thats funny! :)

Yours must be bigger then my 87...I always seemed to be packed to the gills. Had to make a roof rack.

Drywasher, coolers, vacuum, camping stuff.

As for the case...why not make one out of 1x2s and some 1/8 masonite?

If you glue it and screw it, it will be very strong. Then put foam inside. You could make one for about 30 bucks.

Gum

Hard case Samsonite suitcase at a yardsale for 1.00 and my GP Extreme rode in it to Ca and back plenty of times.

Worked fine. Just scavenged some foam at Goodwill and everything was cool. You can still use a padlock on airline flights or lockable straps. They have to be the TSA approved models so they have a master key.

Paul

Walmart bowcase about 25 bucks you can add foam to suit, in this photo I have two underwater units loaded for a Hawaii trip, my GPX fits nicely with lots of other stuff....The Airlines have not managed to destroy this and it has been everywhere..Hawaii U.K........Good Hunting Geo

post-160-0-01950200-1305803985_thumb.jpg

I use a sterilite plastic box bought at wally-world for about 15 bucks...it has served well for several years...unfortunately Doc's new short rod is too long...so, I will either build a longer light weight box or get a slightly longer sterilite...I also have a two-piece upper rod made by Herb so everything goes in the one box.

fred

Look at all those pretty yellow rocks you been finding lately - That should cheer you up.

I've been toying with the ideas of making a storage unit the will fit in the back of my Jeep Jk and is lockable.

Something like this but only 8 inches tall....

post-32973-0-84375400-1305822185_thumb.j

Hello All, When traveling I use a ML hard case, I have a two piece upper shaft and it all fits nicely. When I say hard case I mean hard. At home I keep my control boxes from my GPX4500, 705 anf GB 2 in my gun safe. Once I reach my destination I set them up and they ride on the back seat of my PU....I am still in Texas on fires but it sounds like Arizona is burning also..They sure could use some moisture here in West Texas, I drove thru falling snow when Ieft home in Idaho--Big Change 100+ degrees here today.....Good Hunting to you all..............Idaho Al

:blink: A case ? My GPX rides shotgun B) she likes to see where were going :wub::D

Hahahahaahaha... i saw you one day with it out the window as you were doing about 75mph.....you must have been in fast mode!

Archived