I've cleaned my nugget!

Hi All,

Some of you may remember that I flew in to Nevada to see Doc and Rob Allison a few years back. I was also able to attend a Gold Show in Primm and meet some prospectors for a hunt.

I was fortunate enough to swing over a 1.8 ouncer (inc quartz) in a creek.

Here are the before and after photos on the nugget and once cleaned. Cleaned it weighed 1.18oz.

Just thought I would post this as it turned out to be one solid nug in the rock and the network of crevasses and prickles are amazing!

Hope you enjoy.

post-218-0-02965500-1308020336_thumb.jpg

post-218-0-60041500-1308020370_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hey Trev,

I remember that trip like it was yesterday. Was great to have both you and Doc out in Arizona. Thanks to the Goldstudmuffin twins for the invite to their patch.

Do you think they would get upset knowing this one came out of the gulch just over the ridge? :unsure: Just a faint little whisper, sounded like black sand mineralization. :ph34r:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi All,

Some of you may remember that I flew in to Nevada to see Doc and Rob Allison a few years back. I was also able to attend a Gold Show in Primm and meet some prospectors for a hunt.

I was fortunate enough to swing over a 1.8 ouncer (inc quartz) in a creek.

Here are the before and after photos on the nugget and once cleaned. Cleaned it weighed 1.18oz.

Just thought I would post this as it turned out to be one solid nug in the rock and the network of crevasses and prickles are amazing!

Hope you enjoy.

Very nice indeed Trevor, congrats again!

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hey Trev,

I remember that trip like it was yesterday. Was great to have both you and Doc out in Arizona. Thanks to the Goldstudmuffin twins for the invite to their patch.

Do you think they would get upset knowing this one came out of the gulch just over the ridge? :unsure: Just a faint little whisper, sounded like black sand mineralization. :ph34r:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Stop it Rob... you're killing me... :D

Thanks to all.

Looking through a 3x eye glass really makes the intricacy of the nugget amazing.

Yes, big thanks to the Studmuffin twins for sure. They were very generous in taking us there.

______

Nice nugget Rob, that area sure has some slugs in it and I bet there would be more.

Lots of junk too but its the thrill of the chase, right?!

I remember walking over the hill from where the vehicles were, just out of sight of you guys, when I heard 'Bang!' 'Bang!'....

HOLY CRAP.... maybe these guys took me out here to never take me back! I walked up to the top to get a look at you all and to make sure the direction you were shooting was not mine!!! hehehe...

Being an Aussie with very little exposure to fact that you all pack some heat made me stay just like I do when I swing... "LOW AND SLOW!"

I was bummed I didn't get a chance to pop a cap in the ass of those hills either... maybe next time!

Great memories!

TREV

Guest goldstudmuffin

Thanks to all.

Looking through a 3x eye glass really makes the intricacy of the nugget amazing.

Yes, big thanks to the Studmuffin twins for sure. They were very generous in taking us there.

______

Nice nugget Rob, that area sure has some slugs in it and I bet there would be more.

Lots of junk too but its the thrill of the chase, right?!

I remember walking over the hill from where the vehicles were, just out of sight of you guys, when I heard 'Bang!' 'Bang!'....

HOLY CRAP.... maybe these guys took me out here to never take me back! I walked up to the top to get a look at you all and to make sure the direction you were shooting was not mine!!! hehehe...

Being an Aussie with very little exposure to fact that you all pack some heat made me stay just like I do when I swing... "LOW AND SLOW!"

I was bummed I didn't get a chance to pop a cap in the ass of those hills either... maybe next time!

Great memories!

TREV

You're welcome back any time... maybe the new blitz coils are getting more depth.

It's to bad Aussie's arn't allowed to own guns next time we'll have let you shoot off a few rounds and tell you why Rob decided to file off the front site off his bear gun.... :o

Trev if I remember right that big nugget was your second nugget that day, it's OK to tell Rob now about the first nugget you found... remember the secret area a few miles away where all the old diggings were before Rob got there... the one where I found a 1.5 ouncer. :ph34r: I recently found another nice one over there. :D

Trev nice gold, I like the before, best wishes...Fred

Ragman; Rob and the Studmuffin twins use some of the best Minelab detectors, have spent years learning the "craft, no doubt have spent hours reseaching and have found many pounds-not oz's of gold; yet,they still have Day-Jobs...there is a lesson in that too

you will eat more and better keeping your job...if eating regular in of interest to you...

fred

Guest goldstudmuffin

Trev, I got this 14 dwt'er about a month ago plus a few more from that first area I took you and Doc to, the one with the diggings.

Sorry... I pulled the picture :spank:

Nice work Stud!

I do remember that area and have some photos of those nasty cacti that stick to everything! I cannot remember their name but have a picture of them attached.

That spot is soooo secret i cant even remember how to get there! :)

Trev

post-218-0-56617300-1308115938_thumb.jpg

Guest goldstudmuffin

Nice work Stud!

I do remember that area and have some photos of those nasty cacti that stick to everything! I cannot remember their name but have a picture of them attached.

That spot is soooo secret i cant even remember how to get there! :)

Trev

jumping cholla cactus... you gotta love Arizona :wub:

Archived