The NEW Coiltek WOT 15 inch coil for Xterra has arrived

The NEW COILTEK Wot coil has arrived and is ready for shipment.

They cleared customs this morning and I picked them up; right on schedule.

Call your local Minelab dealer and order yours today. There are only 50 in this initial batch. Tell your Minelab dealer to order one for you and I will gladly drop ship the coil to you Priority Mail so you can have it by Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks!

Doc

The NEW COILTEK Wot coil has arrived and is ready for shipment.

They cleared customs this morning and I picked them up; right on schedule.

Call your local Minelab dealer and order yours today. There are only 50 in this initial batch. Tell your Minelab dealer to order one for you and I will gladly drop ship the coil to you Priority Mail so you can have it by Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks!

Doc

post-16-0-83791600-1311830213_thumb.jpg

Doc, these are for the XTerra 705s, right? What's the advantage of them over the DD coil or the other new high freq coil for it?

Thanks.

Kajun

Actually they are for any of the Xterra line 305, 505, 705. Advantage is greater coverage, greater depth, high sensitivity and it is waterproof. The 7.5 kHz is the coin and relic coil primarily.

I'll never use the stock coil again where I hunt. Smaller coil would be good for yards and parks, otherwise if you have a large area to cover, Beach, fields, this is the coil for you.

Thanks!

Doc

Doc, these are for the XTerra 705s, right? What's the advantage of them over the DD coil or the other new high freq coil for it?

Thanks.

Kajun

Actually they are for any of the Xterra line 305, 505, 705. Advantage is greater coverage, greater depth, high sensitivity and it is waterproof. The 7.5 kHz is the coin and relic coil primarily.

I'll never use the stock coil again where I hunt. Smaller coil would be good for yards and parks, otherwise if you have a large area to cover, Beach, fields, this is the coil for you.

Thanks!

Doc

Jeez, just what I need. Yet another coil! Jeez, it just never stops, does it??? LOLOL

Yeah, I know, ya just can't ever have enough coils! LOLOL

Thanks, Doc.

Kajun

PS.

Doc, check your voice mail, wouldya??

How much are these coils going for? I have a friend with a 705 that wants a better beach and park coil for his machine.

• Admin

Hey Tx,

I would assume the new coils is covered under the same Coiltek warranty. Here is what I copied from the main Coiltek website about warranties on Coiltek searchcoils -

1. How long is the warranty for my Coiltek product?

At Coiltek Manufacturing(CTM) we provide a full 12 month warranty on all of our manufactured coils and accessories (some products may vary). This warranty starts from the date of purchase by the customer. This is applicable worldwide. This warranty covers any manufacturing errors like cracks in plastics or performance issues like no response which are from manufacturing faults – usually these are noticeable within the first few hours of use. The warranty does not cover normal use or misuse of the product. The warranty does not cover ‘touch sensitivity’ or noise in coils which develops after several hours of normal use.

For a coil/product to continue to perform well it must be treated with care and not be used in a way that will jar or incur any sudden impact. This sudden impact may result in developing a noisy product. CTM, at its sole discretion, will determine the nature of the returned item and decide whether it is a warranty issue. Each individual case will be reviewed on its own merits and the more information you can provide the easier it will be for us to make a quick decision.

2. Is the warranty transferable?

No, the warranty is only applicable for the original owner.

Yesterday I got in the WOT coil and put it on, expecting at least 12" of depth. Nope. Maybe 6", but even that was an extremely weak signal and the target ID was almost non-existent. I tried adjusting sensitivity, noise, threshold and groundbalance, but no good. I could make it LESS sensitive easily, but couldn't see anything that was more than 6" away. I tried a penny, dime, quarter, silver half dollar and silver eagle. No real difference except on the penny and dime which were invisible if I was more than 2" away.

I've thought for a while not my XTerra 705 wasn't getting proper depth. I've tried adjusting and tweaking all settings, but on both coin/relic and prospecting mode, after 4" nothing, zip nada, no signal. Also, 3 times now the sound has died. Just quit, right in the middle of hunting. If I turned off the detector for 20-30 minutes, it comes back. A problem, no?

Soooooo, I'm thinking it's time to send in my little 705 control box to Minelab and have them take a look at it or wondering if what I'm experiencing is normal for a 705. After talking with Kevin Houghland and Doc and hearing the performance they've been getting, I think I have a problem that needs to be fixed.

Rob, what's your return policy? If it takes a month to get my detector back and I still don't get any increase in depth, will you still take back the WOT coil or do I need to send it back now???

Help!!

Kajun

Kajun,

How long have you been having this issue with the X-Terra? Are you using rechargeable batteries or alkalines?

Coiltek's warranty is to repair or replace defective coils.

If your coil is defective of course we will replace it. Up to a year, and now through Novemvber 30th. If you register your warranty through IsItGenuine.com Coiltek will extend your warranty another 6 months for free.

So, if you machine is at fault, then obviously you will get it fixed and the coil will work fine. If your coil is faulty, we will replace the coil. Either way you're covered.

You can send the coil back now and we will check it on an Xterra and see if it is working properly. If it is, we will advise you and send it back. If it is a coil issue of course we will replace the coil.

Thanks!

Doc

Yesterday I got in the WOT coil and put it on, expecting at least 12" of depth. Nope. Maybe 6", but even that was an extremely weak signal and the target ID was almost non-existent. I tried adjusting sensitivity, noise, threshold and groundbalance, but no good. I could make it LESS sensitive easily, but couldn't see anything that was more than 6" away. I tried a penny, dime, quarter, silver half dollar and silver eagle. No real difference except on the penny and dime which were invisible if I was more than 2" away.

I've thought for a while not my XTerra 705 wasn't getting proper depth. I've tried adjusting and tweaking all settings, but on both coin/relic and prospecting mode, after 4" nothing, zip nada, no signal. Also, 3 times now the sound has died. Just quit, right in the middle of hunting. If I turned off the detector for 20-30 minutes, it comes back. A problem, no?

Soooooo, I'm thinking it's time to send in my little 705 control box to Minelab and have them take a look at it or wondering if what I'm experiencing is normal for a 705. After talking with Kevin Houghland and Doc and hearing the performance they've been getting, I think I have a problem that needs to be fixed.

Rob, what's your return policy? If it takes a month to get my detector back and I still don't get any increase in depth, will you still take back the WOT coil or do I need to send it back now???

Help!!

Kajun

Doc, thanks for the reply.

I've been suspecting my sensitivity problem for a few months now. It was really became apparent when I put on the WOT coil a couple of days ago. The lack of sensitivity was downright astonishing and very VERY disappointing. The loss of sound has happened 3 times, latest was a week ago, when hunting in 90+ degree heat.

I contacted Lon at Minelab and he said to send in the electronics and a coil so they can test them, along with a note describing the problem. I got the email from him this evening, including a return label, so it will prolly go out tomorrow. He said the Minelab turn-around-time for warranty work was 10 days (keeping fingers and toes crossed!)

My biggest fear is they'll say the unit is operating just fine and get it back to me in a month or 6 weeks. If that happens, I'm not going to want to keep the WOT. That was why I was wondering what Rob's return policy or Coiltec) was, just in case. Best scenario: They say "Yep, XTerra has a significant problem, we did/fixed/replaced XXX and fixed it." and my sensitivity is where it should be, the WOT gets me 10-12" on a quarter, 6-8" on a dime and I sing the praises of the WOT coil thru the roof and do a major happy dance. :lol:

Looks like I'll return the electronics and a coil per their instructions tomorrow and go from there.

Thanks for the "come-back".

Kajun

Yea Kajun hope all is well for you and your family.

I remember when we went in GV that your 705 would zip on some small stuff my 5000 would not. It seemed to be working really good. So good that I have since purchased a Erueka Gold to add to the tool bag thinking a good VLF could help and I'm will be looking at a 705 for my son's if his interest and good grades continue.

Now I don't know anything about coil shooting but is 12 inches down on a quarter really reasonable? If so in what kind of soil? Beach sand? Surely you're not going to get 12 inches on a quarter in some hot soil in some of the southwest ghost towns are you????

Hey there, AzO. Good to hear from you again.

I did a bit of research before I bought my WOT, including talking with Doc for a bit. He's the only one I know of that actually has experience using the WOT and he said some pretty great stuff about it, including a really good depth report. I won't put words in his mouth, so I'll let him say exactly what he was finding and how deep, but I don't think finding a quarter at 12" is beyond the ability of the 705 with a WOT. That's why I was so dang disappointed in it when I tried it out in my back yard.

Yeah, I was able to find that .2 gram chunk of gold, but remember, I only was able to see it at about 1-1 1/2". I really think that I should have been able to get a good solid reading at about 3" on that size a piece. At least, accoring to Kevin Houghland of Minelab when I talked with him at the El Paso GPAA show.

Anywho, the detector and one of the coils is headed back to Minelab today for some inspection and, hopefully repair.

Stay in touch!

Kajun

Was the .2 grammer with the small 5 X 10 elliptical 18.75 kHz coil? Because to be quite honest .2 grams with that small of a coil at 1.5 inches is pretty impressive. You aren't going to find a nugget like that at 3 inches.

Doc

Hey there, AzO. Good to hear from you again.

I did a bit of research before I bought my WOT, including talking with Doc for a bit. He's the only one I know of that actually has experience using the WOT and he said some pretty great stuff about it, including a really good depth report. I won't put words in his mouth, so I'll let him say exactly what he was finding and how deep, but I don't think finding a quarter at 12" is beyond the ability of the 705 with a WOT. That's why I was so dang disappointed in it when I tried it out in my back yard.

Yeah, I was able to find that .2 gram chunk of gold, but remember, I only was able to see it at about 1-1 1/2". I really think that I should have been able to get a good solid reading at about 3" on that size a piece. At least, accoring to Kevin Houghland of Minelab when I talked with him at the El Paso GPAA show.

Anywho, the detector and one of the coils is headed back to Minelab today for some inspection and, hopefully repair.

Stay in touch!

Kajun

Doc, at the risk of being accused of thread-jacking, yes, the .2 grammer at 1.5 inches was with the 5X10 eliptical 18.75 kHz DD coil. Good to know that was a reasonable depth/size/coil.

Now, back to the WOT coil.

Like I said, I sent my detector electronics box and a medium freq coil back to Minelab on Friday. Well, almost. I forgot to put in my letter describing the problem, rushed back only to find out it won't go out till Monday. Hopefully the Minelab folks WILL find something wrong, fix it and when I get it back, I'll be doing cartwheels over the WOT coil and my 705.

How bout a detecting story or 3 from you, Doc, about your experience with the WOT coil? I know for sure I'd be interested to hear some of what you found/how deep/settings/etc and I bet everyone else here would be, too.

Thanks!

Kajun

• 3 weeks later...

Well, turns out I ain't totally crazy. Sweetie informed me today that I got a call from Minelab late last week and seems they're gonna replace the motherboard in my 705! She didn't remember any of the "details", but her remembering about "motherboard replacement" is good enuff! LOL

Hopefully I'll get it back in a week or so and the WOT will blow me away!

Thanks for the encouragement to send it in, ya'll.

Kajun

P.S.

When they replace the motherboard, does the warranty start over again??

Archived