Who would like to make some extra cash???

I am looking for someone who is experienced and willing to install a ground button on my GP3000. I am a big guy, especially belly-wise, and have learned that it is VERY uncomfortable and cumbersome to reach over and flip the tracking switch and pump the coil with my beergut in the way. I am absolutely horrible at soldering and have never really been proficient with electronics. If you don't believe me I can have you speak with my mother and she can tell you all about the many VCR's, radio's, record players I have attempted to fix...:D. I will supply all the parts. All I need is someone to do the actual labor so I don't ruin my machine. All I ask is that you be honest about your experience and be willing to fix, or pay, for any damages that may arise from your work. The machine works perfectly, just really need that switch.

If this is too much to ask, I apologize. Would prefer someone locally (Southern California area), but would be willing to ship the control box and grip if need be. If you are interested, please send me a PM here on the boards with your price and I will respond. Thank you for reading!!!

I dont know if anyone still sells the "Gold Button", but it is very easy to install with zero soldering. It comes with everything you need to install the ground balance handle. Cris Gholson used to sell them ,and I purchased mine from the place that makes them.....Not sure if Rob sells them or not.

I dont know if anyone still sells the "Gold Button", but it is very easy to install with zero soldering. It comes with everything you need to install the ground balance handle. Cris Gholson used to sell them ,and I purchased mine from the place that makes them.....Not sure if Rob sells them or not.

Adam....thanks for the reply. I was told to contact Chris about the gold button, which I did, and he told me that the guy he used to get them from stopped making them about 8-9 months ago. Chris said he was going to get in touch with a person he knows in NorCal that used to do them and let me know if he could do it, but I haven't heard from him (Chris) in almost 3 weeks about it, so I figured the guy didn't do it anymore. I was then pointed to a thread on the Nevada Nugget Hunters forum that shows how to do it (http://nevadanuggethunters.myfreeforum.org/about96.html) and when I saw the part about soldering, I immediately panicked...lol. I even asked DOC about them and he said he couldn't get them anymore either, and if I wanted it done, I had to get all the parts from Radio Shack and do it that way. Since I cannot afford a major repair or a new PI detector, I just get worried about screwing something up, ya know!!

Frank, I am trying my friend. I have been out just about every day this past week, but with temperatures topping 113* with 25-30% humidity, it is really hard to stay motivated to be out there for very long. If I don't find any, it won't be from lack of trying. LOL.

Chris, I've put one on my old 2200sd and my uncles, If you will pay the shipping ,both ways, I'll be glad to do it, I live in Mariposa, Ca. All you really need is the stock button handle off a 4000, doc and ROb sell them, I've got the other part, that goe's into the detector. Let me know. Grubstake

If you can I would like you to come up, so I can make sure your detector is working, don't want to do it and the detecor was not working in the first place, Its really a no brainer to put one on. Grubstake

What a deal!

Nice offer Grubstake!

That's what i like about this forum :)

I've got a kit, that has the smart point connector, and a picture, I'll solder the wires on the smart piont connector, all you have to do is use two quick connectors{no soldering, and drill your hole for the connector, but you will need a stock tracking button handle off a 4000 or even a 5000, there the same, buy it from ROB, Give me you Addy and I'll send the kit out on the 1st of the month. 5 days from now. Grubstake

Gary.......PM has been sent. It was a pleasure talking to you this evening. Again, sorry for calling so late. We had a big thunderstorm move through here around 1:00PM and knocked out power to our whole community. They finally got it turned back on around 7:15PM so that's when I got your post. Thanks again.

Chris

TRUE TO FORM.... Grubstake Gary :) continues to be most helpful to

any and all of us who need any help that he can assist us

with.... :D

(Gary: Now I know your secreate as to why your 2200d worked better for you then it did for me. Ha ha, it was the gold Button.) Get it, the "gold button." I GOTCHA!)

Sorry everyone, I just couldn't resist "I GOTCHAing"

Gary... He usually gets me... :wacko:

Guest sandtrap

Chris,

Gary fixed a pinpointer for me,that all kinds of problems.

( No Dutch John, he did not kick me in the butt ! ) Gotcha> before you could get me.. :blink:

Archived