Metal Detecting and then Drywashing - Vac-Packing

• Admin

Hello All,

I know a few guys have asked about finding nuggets in a wash and then coming back and drywashing and vac-packing the wash for smaller gold. Over the years several partners and I have found handfuls of washes that were caulked full of nuggets, but coming back and drywashing wasn't as rewarding as we anticipated. You would think with all the nuggets found with metal detectors, those spots would be rich in smaller gold, flakes, fines and dust.

That being said, we have found a few that were very rewarding, but normally they didn't have the best nuggets or amount of nuggets found in other washes. From what I have seen personally, the washes that have the best nuggets were not always the ones that had the best results drywashing and vac-packing.

Here is a short YouTube video of a location a partner and I found a handful of rough, crystalline nuggets from top to bottom, but the drywashing results were only fair, most of the gold dry washed was small, coarse pickers and nuggets, very little fine gold.

Just my experiences, would love to hear about yours.

Rob Allison

Hello All,

I know a few guys have asked about finding nuggets in a wash and then coming back and drywashing and vac-packing the wash for smaller gold. Over the years several partners and I have found handfuls of washes that were caulked full of nuggets, but coming back and drywashing wasn't as rewarding as we anticipated. You would think with all the nuggets found with metal detectors, those spots would be rich in smaller gold, flakes, fines and dust.

That being said, we have found a few that were very rewarding, but normally they didn't have the best nuggets or amount of nuggets found in other washes. From what I have seen personally, the washes that have the best nuggets were not always the ones that had the best results drywashing and vac-packing.

Here is a short YouTube video of a location a partner and I found a handful of rough, crystalline nuggets from top to bottom, but the drywashing results were only fair, most of the gold dry washed was small, coarse pickers and nuggets, very little fine gold.

Just my experiences, would love to hear about yours.

Rob Allison

Rob:

Im running into that at the Golden Diaper claim. Getting nuggets...but, I sucked up 6 full buckets of stuff from the cracks and when I ran it though the trommel....I got a WHOPPING.... .3 grams.

I think these little fellows need to grow some bigger legs so that when they dig down into the bedrock and shed them I can get some more fines. :) Thats my theory and im sticking to it!

Tom H.

Archived