My Dig of the Week!

Here is my Fav dig of the week! I was searching for some deep targets, on the out skirts of and old patch. Our ground is very wet and there is more than enough ground noise to keep the pick busy, checking the potential target out. I got this target that would hardly make a noise on my threshold and I nearly walked away on it, when I remembered a saying by one of my hunting partners NuggetSlayer "Don't cost nothing to dig a hole"...I better check it out! Well I busted out about 3" of dirt and checked it out, still weak, but now a noticeable target. Dug 5" more, and it was a great sounding target, loud and clear. I figured a few more inches and the target would be out. I always, check my dig hole first and then the pile. My target was in the pile and as I was setting my detector down, I spotted a glint of gold in the muddy soil from the morning sun. First photo, you see it? Below is the 3.5 gram nugget. It was only 11" deep, but must have been sitting with the skinny side up, to give such a very weak signal. These types of finds is truely The Thrill of the Hunt! Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

4531ef9b.jpg

428d7944.jpg

Here is my Fav dig of the week! I was searching for some deep targets, on the out skirts of and old patch. Our ground is very wet and there is more than enough ground noise to keep the pick busy, checking the potential target out. I got this target that would hardly make a noise on my threshold and I nearly walked away on it, when I remembered a saying by one of my hunting partners NuggetSlayer "Don't cost nothing to dig a hole"...I better check it out! Well I busted out about 3" of dirt and checked it out, still weak, but now a noticeable target. Dug 5" more, and it was a great sounding target, loud and clear. I figured a few more inches and the target would be out. I always, check my dig hole first and then the pile. My target was in the pile and as I was setting my detector down, I spotted a glint of gold in the muddy soil from the morning sun. First photo, you see it? Below is the 3.5 gram nugget. It was only 11" deep, but must have been sitting with the skinning side up, to give such a very weak signal. These types of finds is truely The Thrill of the Hunt! Until our next hunt.

LuckyLundy

4531ef9b.jpg

428d7944.jpg

Thats a nice one Lundy!

Must be a pain mucking out nuggets in that stuff. :)

Keep at it!

Im going out this weekend to see what I can turn up.

Tom H.

Archived