Build Your Own Sluice

She did a nice job on that!

Looks like it traps some small stuff. Nice work.

Wish I knew how she can move so fast.

I need whatever shes on :)

Tom H.

First sluice I ever made was wood. After a day in the water, the wood absorbed all the water it could hold and it weighed a ton!

Second problem - sluices made of plywood - the glue that holds the ply layers together is partly water soluble and will swell and warp and eventually (after a number of uses) fall apart. It will last for a while though - good for an initial design tester.

Cheers Guys

She loves a drop of wine now n then :)

She did it more as a "i can do it" type project than a longtime use thing, gotta admit she is very

handy with her hands.

OldTom - ive tried that wine and boy i can tell ya, it didnt make me move like that, but the ground

did kinda come up n slap me in the face real well :):P

She also detects with a 4500 and last week found a 10.8 gram slug..

Pete B)

First sluice I ever made was wood. After a day in the water, the wood absorbed all the water it could hold and it weighed a ton!

Second problem - sluices made of plywood - the glue that holds the ply layers together is partly water soluble and will swell and warp and eventually (after a number of uses) fall apart. It will last for a while though - good for an initial design tester.

good vid

coat it with polyurithane "rubber seal" we use this on boat decks it is spendy, but lasts years and is totaly waterproof...