Replaceing ground button on 3500

Has any one replaced the green ground button with a after market switch? And if so how and where did the switch come from. I have gotten a couple from Radio Shack but they have two wires and the one on my 3500 handle has three wires. You could put in a switch on the 2200 but it had only two wires. Thought I would ask and see if any one has done it yet.

Dave

• Admin

Hey Digger,

Yes, it can be done. The stock Minelab replacements are $60 for the ground balance handle with button. You can do it cheaper if you want to do the mod yourself.

I'm sure you know, but others don't realize you can still reach down and flip the switch to the "Tracking" postion and pump the coil up and down to ground balance it without the use of the handle button. You can also pump it up and down in "Tracking" and then flip it back to "Fixed" if you prefer the positon.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

I am very much aware of the simple fact that by flipping the switch and pumping the coil up and down does the same effect. I have owned 2000s and 2200s. I was tring to fine a ceaper way to replace the button switch without buying one with the handle. Thanks for the advice.

Dave

• Admin

Hey Dave,

Understandable, it's much cheaper to build or modify your own handle with button. We all know anything Minelab sells is pricey.

I didn't want to make it sound like you didn't know about the ground balancing, but it's amazing on how many believe the handle with button is the only way to ground balance the unit.

Wishing you much success!

Rob Allison