Raffle for Bill Southern & Paypal Payments - Must Read

• Admin

Hello All,

Just an update, please don't send anymore payments to Paypal for the raffle. I was contacted by Paypal this evening and they said it's against their policy to accept donations for a raffle. They said if any transactions come through, I would have to refund them and write an email back to the person sending funds. I just wanted to spread the word, so if anyone has posted the information for paypal, please try to remove it so it don't hold up any funds for this raffle.

This sucks and will probably make it tougher to get funds, but they threatened to shut my account down over this. I know there are links all over Bill Southern's forum (which I don't have access to now), Facebook and other places. Please pass the word out there to remove the paypal payment process for the raffle as if the account is suspended, I will have a much more difficult time to get the funds to him and his family.

Thanks!

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Skip,

I posted a reply on the main thread to you also. Nope, all funds prior to like 7pm this evening are find. I moved most of the funds this morning and there was like $300 from this morning up until the suspension that is locked up. I should have those funds moved within 24-48 hour to the BofA account.

All prior payments need to a bank deposit or check send to me payable to "Bill Southern."

I just need to get the word out to not send anymore payments to my auplacers@yahoo.com email account for Paypal to further slow things down.

Rob,

I have already remove all PayPal links related to the Raffle on NuggetShooter and the other forums I have posted the info, I also posted that all funds should be done via a transfer or deposit via the Bank Of America account.

I will update the posts for those that would like to send a check.

Skip

I am in Stanton. I just saw a posting. it mentions paypal. I will cross it out and write do not send to paypal.

How can I donate? now B o A here... don't have transfer ability with my online bank. Any other way to donate? Checkbook is at home too. Do you have anyone up here to collect money/names and you can pick up on the way to Bill's house... Did Bill cancel his LSD outing on the 1st?

• Admin

Hey Timberwolf,

No, to my knowledge the outing is still a go. I was planning on joining the outing and letting Bill draw the winners there. If you have someone at Stanton that can collect the funds and meet me at the outing, I could give them their tickets. Just make sure you know the names and phone numbers of anyone wanting to get in the raffle so we can make sure they get their ticket(s) in the drawing.

I recommend making all checks payable to "Bill Southern" or even leaving them blank for the payee and allow the family to fill that portion out.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob Great idea to help out Bill Southern and his wife. I think that the problem with Paypal is that your are not a registered charity..
you/they can accept donations with the proper account but not in lieu of a promised prize(s)as I read their terms. I think its just their way of trying to cut down on scammers and liability.
Well all the best to you, Bill and his wife. you are going to make someone very happy with a new Minelab 5000, and all the other great prizes that are being donated.
Way to go Rob you and Dawnie are doing a great job!
AzNuggetBob

• Admin

Hello All,

Well I was hoping I could make Bill Southern's LSD Outing this coming weekend, but some emergency work has came up and I won't be able to make it this weekend. I will have to re-schedule the drawing, but the raffle still ends this coming Friday at 7pm Arizona.

Kind of sucks, but I have to keep the lights on if you know what I mean.

P.S. A few more prizes have been added to the main thread.

Rob Allison

It will all work out Rob...

You keep the lights on .....

Thanks for everything..