Hello metal detectors.....................

Hello detectors, it's been a while, since I've been around. I have a question. I am looking for fine gold mixed in with black sand. Along River edges and stream edges and desert gullies. I am retired, waiting for my SSD, and soon I'll be able to travel, 1000 miles where I want to go detecting. My question is. Is there a metal detector that can find black sand mixed in with Fine gold and which one is it? And is there a coil for a SSD 2200 v, that can find black sand mixed with Fine gold to? Awaiting your kind replies. Bob.

Your best bet I think will be to use a detector with a lcd screen showing a running Number of the concentration of iron in a given area, the White's MXT detector manual has a entire page in the manual devoted to tracking black sands, once a concentration of sands are located then you would proceed to dig and process by hand, sluicing,etc. No detectors that I know of will detect fine gold.

Your question is not an easy yes/no...

You may be able to trace mineralization with of of the minelab Pi machines using a mono coil...In my opinion you need an older vlf such as the garret deepseeker or groundhog without automatic threshold or ground balance...Charles Garrett or Roy Lagel describes this method in their books...research is the answer.

Why do you only want black sand with fine gold...?

Using a gold pan or even a strong magnet will reveal deposits of black sands/gold....

fred

I Thank-You guys for giving me your replies. Thanks Uncle Ron i will check Whites gmt right now. You guys are always helpful.

Why check out Black sand---------------------looking for large contrated fine gold mix with it. trying to put my shaker table too work. and my mini table too work.-----------Thanks, Bob...........

• Admin

Hey Bob777,

Welcome back to the forums. Most detectors don't have a so called "Black Sand" feature, but some of the White's do. You can normally find concentrations of black sands with a VLF detector by paying attention to areas where the unit don't balance, or where you need to re-balance. Those hot spots are normally concentrations of iron, mostly blacks sands. I used this method back in the early 90's to find very heavy concentrations of black sands, but I didn't really see any big differences in finding more gold.

It's worth a shot though. Hope this helps.

Rob Allison

Hello, these metal detectors, should have a black sand reading. So we can stop wasting our time out there in the field. White's metal detector according to them, also lets you know if gold is in it. Sounds like a good machine to me. Can't wait to buy one. Because it stops wasting my time and field. More metal detector should do these sort of things. People pass up fine gold all day long and don't know it. With all the people telling you what to do and what not to do on public lands. I wish Metal detector manufacturers would have this sort of thing on metal detectors. So we know what is with the Nuggets. I think the day has come when everybody ran over the same old places for nugget shooting and seems like people find smaller & smaller Nuggets and now are down to black sand with the gold and it. Unless you're really digging for it with heavy equipment. Concentrators for panning are great and too many of them when they can make a concentrator to also concentrate the cons without putting the cons in the pan to concentrate would be an accomplishment from man. And save us, a lot of time in the field. And would stop other people telling us what not to do. I thank you all for helping me on the subject. I hope man can figure out how to concentrate the cons at the same time, while panning. I thank you all for all your replies for this great sport. Bob