Got out today and found a odd brown sunbaker :O

Hey all:
Was able to get out today with Dad and Jean.

Met up at LSD and did some detecting and dryland dredging......sucking up dirt.

Jean did well with her 2100. Got it all tuned up and she was digging up some really small bullet fragments. No yellow stuff but if it was there she would have gotten it.

Same for dad...just bullet fragments.

I sucked up some areas out of a wash and got this out of one bucket after running it though the trommel tonight. The other buckets just had some small flakes.

Since the the gold came from the last bucket up higher in the wash I know where to go now smile.png
Might be a good drywash area.

Was pretty much just sampling today.

I did find a brown round thing sunbaking and looking at me wondering what the heck im doing out there.

Not rattling...just chilling smile.png

Was a good time out and not that hot either.

Enjoy.

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

I was out with Doc and Dennis this weekend. Three days of pure prospecting and exploring new country. This ended up with 3 days, 3 guys and 3 skunks! Well, a bunch of places are now off my list, knowing they looked good, but didn't produce. What's that old saying, "Shit Happens ...." :o

We also ran into about 5 rattlers this weekend. Most seemed to be out just after the Sun dropped down.

Rob Allison

Glad to hear you got out Rob. :)

Sometimes the gold is in the hunting and not in the hand. Knowing where not to hunt is valuable information. Dragging home tired and dirty can be the stuff of dreams when you haven't been able to get out for a while.

I'm just dreaming these days but we should be finished with this current project sometime next week then it's off to Northern New Mexico for some tired and dirty digging on our friends patent. I can't wait! :D

Hey Tom,

I was out with Doc and Dennis this weekend. Three days of pure prospecting and exploring new country. This ended up with 3 days, 3 guys and 3 skunks! Well, a bunch of places are now off my list, knowing they looked good, but didn't produce. What's that old saying, "Shit Happens ...." :o

We also ran into about 5 rattlers this weekend. Most seemed to be out just after the Sun dropped down.

Rob Allison

Im feeling your pain!!!....

Been in skunksville for a bit now..

WIll get out of it...eventually :)

Tom

Hey Tom gotta watch out for those dog piles. The one thing I like about hunting in the summer is if its hot, the snakes are in the shade.

boulders, logs, bushes. and if you have leggings on, not a big deal anyway. You notice he is right next to his hole? just coming out to warm up. Nice looking snake! AzNuggetBob

I am ready to get back at it!